The Rady School of Management is pleased to partner with the UC San Diego Office of Innovation and Commercialization to present the inaugral Proof of Relevance Competition.
Open to all UC San Diego undergraduate, graduate, and post-doc students, this competition is designed to provide up to 10 teams that have an idea with up to $1,000 in support to validate the market potential through customer identification or development, evaluation of the market, and validation of market potential. Teams will attend two workshops to assist them with preparing for and conducting their research, to be completed by September 30th.
At the end of the program, teams will present at Experience Day in September, sharing the following:
- What were your assumptions about the customer before you started your research?
- How did you conduct your research? What did you learn? How did this change your assumptions?
- What is your business model canvas after your research completion?
- What do you plan to do next?
Please contact Professor Vish Krishnan for more information on future application periods.
How can the funds be used?
The funds for conducting market research can be used for:
- Travel to the customer site
- Travel to conferences/trade shows
- Conference Admission Fees
- Membership fees for professional organizations
- Purchasing market research reports
- Obtaining access to databases or membership in relevant organizations
- 3 months of Premium Executive LinkedIn Membership to be able to email people who are not a connection (30 per month) and perform targeted searches
- Incentives given to people who participate in a survey/interviews