Israel Immersion Program
The Rady School of Management is now accepting applications for the following class: MGT443 - Topics in International Business: Israel in the 21st Century, which includes a class trip to Israel from Dec. 11-23, 2016!
The application is open to Rady alumni as well as the following cohorts: FT2017, FE2017, FE2018, FW2017. Some non-Rady students will also be invited to apply.
- Students must enroll in MGT443 - Topics in International Business: Israel in the 21st Century in the fall quarter – 2 credit units. There will be 2 mandatory class meetings, as well as assignments to be handed in and/or presented in class.
- Students must also enroll in MGT419 - Global Business Intensive: Israel Innovation in the winter quarter – 2 credit units. This includes the actual trip to Israel and one follow-up meeting where students talk to first-year MBA students about the trip.
- Application deadline: Friday, October 7th at 4pm.
- Two class meetings will be held on October 15th and October 29th, from 10:00 am – 5:30 pm, with a 1-hour lunch break.
- Israel Trip dates: Dec. 11-23, 2016
Note: Final Exams Week
Because the trip departure date is immediately following final exams week, it is the students’ responsibility to contact their professors (early) to arrange to submit all fall course work prior to departure.
Accomodations to Israel
- The group will stay at 3-star hotels.
- Students are expected to share hotel rooms (2 students per room with 2 beds).
- Some meals in Israel are included in the trip, as long as students eat with the group.
- Daily transportation to scheduled activities is included.
- Trip expenses (excluding airfare to/from Israel) will be paid through an educational grant. Students will be responsible for airfare to/from Israel, visa and passport costs, any personal purchases, and some meals.
- All students will be responsible for paying for the four academic credit units (2 in Fall and 2 in Winter) for the two Israel courses.
- Students will be asked to submit their flight itineraries to the Student Services (firstname.lastname@example.org) no later than October 30th, 2016.
Send a pdf document with the following information to Student Services at email@example.com (no later than October 7th at 4pm):
- Full name
- Contact information (address, phone, email)
- Undergraduate (and other) degrees
- Nationality (for visa purposes)
- Current Position
- A description of the dates and purposes of any prior trips you have made to Israel
- A short (no more than 250 words) answer to:
- Why do you want to join the Israel Immersion Program?
- What are your career goals/entrepreneurial interests?
- Are there any companies or people with whom you particularly aspire to connect with while in Israel?
- Students who do not attend both class sessions and complete all assignments will have their application revoked.
- If you have any uncertainties about your ability to go to Israel (work issues etc.), please indicate that, and provide details in your application.
- No family members or friends can join this trip. The trip is part of a Rady class and is part of the MBA program for students/alumni.
- The two class meetings (Fall 2016) have been scheduled so that they do not conflict with any other Rady MBA classes.