Some facts about the CIID program:
28 teams completed the StartR program in the first 2 ½ years of the program.
- 7 teams have become a part of the EvoNexus incubator.
- $17,500,000 in total financing for all teams
- In 2016 alone, teams have won awards in the Social Innovation Challenge, the Entrepreneur Challenge, the Proof of Concept Competition and EvoNexus Demo Day.
- Two teams will be featured at the TEDxSanDiego Innovation Alley on October 22, 2016.
26 teams have completed the mystartupXX program in the first 4 years of the program.
- 1 team has already achieved exit and was acquired by another San Diego company.
- 1 member was selected for the Forbes 30Under30 list in 2015.
- Universities from around the world have expressed interest in duplicating the program.
- In 2016, a mystartupXX team became the first ever all-female team to win the UC San Diego Entrepreneur challenge.
- 1 team, a past winner of the Zahn Social Innovation Challenge, successfully completed their Kickstarter campaign.