What Is StartR?
StartR is a free, six month-long acceleration program held twice a year on the Rady School’s campus. Six teams are selected per each program. One member of the team must be a current student or alumni of the Rady School. The acceleration program is focused on hands-on company development and mentorship. At the conclusion of the program, StartR teams are given an opportunity to pitch to investors and industry experts.
What kind of support does StartR offer?
StartR provides the following benefits to entrepreneurs admitted to the program:
- Co-working space on the Rady campus
- Educational workshops
- Office hours with Rady professors, industry experts, and service providers
- Access to other funding sources at UC San Diego and the San Diego community
- Access to other resources (3D printing, etc.)
- Participation in the Demo Day at the conclusion of the program