Click here for registration options
October 10: 5:00pm - 8:30pm
October 11: 9:00am - 4:00pm
$1,072.50 early bird rate before August 15.
$1,200 after August 15.
Includes tuition, course materials, parking and most meals.
Western Federal Credit Union
14500 Aviation Blvd.
Hawthorne, CA 90250
ADAPT+ACCELERATE LA SERIES
‹ The Strategic View
Success Under Stress
About the Program
Strategic Thinkers will define the future, while possessing the mental agility to adapt virtually any plan to any context, especially in this fast-paced, global marketplace—yet how do we develop this for individuals? This course emphasizes how to develop a more-strategic mind & enact strategic behaviors through key frameworks and step-by-step methods. The Strategic Mind focuses participants on crafting novel, visionary approaches that will both challenge and synergize with conventional approaches. Those with these perspectives balance future states with past and present contexts, seize opportunities and manage risks simultaneously, align with the organization’s goals and challenge rigid mind blocks. They think in systems that coordinate disciplined focus with desired outcomes.
Through this course, participants will:
- Learn to redefine “the rules of the game” and shift toward concrete mode of thought and action
- Develop mental acuity through a variety of strategic methods and processes
- Envision the future state, while accounting for the past and present state
- Boost proactive behavior and initiative in structured ways
Strategic Thinking Illuminated
- What is Strategic Thinking?
- Everything's a System: The World View & Value of Strategy
- Visual Thinking: Processes, Diagrams, Infographics & White Boards
- The Key Components of Strategic Planning
The Strategic Cornucopia: Multiple Strategy Models
- The Classics: Proven Strategic Frameworks that Work
- Innovative Strategic-Thinking Models: From Porter to Kotter to Bigger & Better.
- The Meta-Framework: How to Position Each and Every One of These Strategic Models into Your Own Meta-Strategic Framework.
Applying & Testing Strategic Scenarios
- Case Scenarios to Test & Apply Your Strategic Skills
- Systems and Process Mapping to Solve These Case Scenarios
- Evaluation of Best Strategies and Tactical Solutions
Christine Itano-Cosner, Partner of Spectrum Knowledge, has 20 years of experience as an organizational development consultant, instructional system designer and trainer and facilitator for Fortune 500 organizations and non-profits agencies.
Ms. Itano-Cosner has a M.S. in Industrial/Organizational Psychology. Her expertise includes leadership/management development, organizational development, strategic planning, performance management, teambuilding, diversity training, coaching, instructional design and development and organizational research. She is an instructor at the UC San Diego Rady School of Management and has been an adjunct faculty member at the University of California at Irvine, Merage School of Business, Executive Education Program and a member of Pfizer’s Worldwide Diversity & Inclusion consultant team. Her partnerships include Los Angeles Department of Water & Power, International Institute For Education, US Air Force, IBM, Boeing, The Aerospace Corporation, Northrop Grumman, Raytheon, McDonald’s, American Express and Environmental Protection Agency.
Craft Your Political Strategy
- From Invisible to Indispensible to Influential
- Your Political Playbook: A Roadmap for Organizational & Personal Development
"The course and Dr. Pham proved transformational information to help facilitate breakthrough!"
"Excellent & useful class! Both to help professionally & personally."
"I both reinforced and took away ideas from his experience. The best part was the internal collaboration in the session, a demonstration of instant network/connection success by a teacher who brought our ideas together with successful class participation."
- From 2013 participant evaluations