Click here for registration options
November 7: 5pm - 8:30pm
November 8: 9am - 5pm
Includes tuition, course materials, parking and most meals.
Western Federal Credit Union
14500 Aviation Blvd.
Hawthorne, CA 90250
ADAPT+ACCELERATE LA SERIES
The Strategic View
If you are feeling the stress of more work to do and less time to complete it in, then you are not alone. Research indicates that business professionals are working longer and longer hours. The result is record levels of burnout, stress and depression. With laptops and cell phones, the 24/7 workplace takes over your life (your home, your weekends and even your vacations). Without even realizing it, you end up in a state of continuous ‘partial attention’ in which your quality of life suffers as you constantly fight distractions. According to a new book by Peter Bregman, multi-tasking is not the answer. In fact, our productivity goes down by as much as 40%. Our brains and bodies simply cannot switch between tasks.
This course examines how you can harness stress and make it work positively for you. Through interactive exercises, discussions and observations, you will learn specific techniques to help you stay resilient and focused under stress. You will identify how to re-engineer your attitude and work style to get you on the path from ‘burnout to balance’.
Understanding the Difference Between Pressure & Stress
- Categorizing Stressors and Common Symptoms
- Your Personality and Stress
- Examining Different ‘Stress Busting’ Techniques for Success
Developing Sound Inner Confidence
- Attitude, Persistence and Commitment
- How Well Do You Know Yourself? Self-esteem and Self-awareness
- Increasing Your Resiliency To Thrive Under Stress
- Using Positive Thinking To Bounce Back From Setbacks
Communicating Through the Chaos
- Staying Calm in the Toughest Situations: Knowing Your Communication Triggers
- Listening Between the Lines: Indentifying the False Signals That Lead to Misunderstandings
- How to Avoid Saying Things That You Will Regret Later
- Techniques for Defusing Tension And Explosive Situations
Focusing on Time & Energy Management
- Gaining Insight Into the 8 Root Causes of Procrastination
- Identifying Your Natural Biorhythm to Maximize Energy
- Minimizing Negative Energy to Create Positive Focus
- Utilizing the Benzinger Whole Brain Thinking Model
Achieving Work-Life Balance
- What Is A Healthy Work-life Balance?
- Putting Your Strengths to Work: Powerful Steps to Achieve Outstanding Performance
- Identifying What Success Personally Means to You
- Finding Balance: Your 9-Point Life Grid
Ms. Itano-Cosner has a M.S. in Industrial/Organizational Psychology. Her expertise includes leadership/management development, organizational development, strategic planning, performance management, teambuilding, diversity training, coaching, instructional design and development and organizational research. She is an instructor at the UC San Diego Rady School of Management and has been an adjunct faculty member at the University of California at Irvine, Merage School of Business, Executive Education Program and a member of Pfizer’s Worldwide Diversity & Inclusion consultant team. Her partnerships include Los Angeles Department of Water & Power, International Institute For Education, US Air Force, IBM, Boeing, The Aerospace Corporation, Northrop Grumman, Raytheon, McDonald’s, American Express and Environmental Protection Agency.