April 10, 2014: 5:00pm - 8:30pm
April 11, 2014: 9:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
Location: Metropolitan Water District
700 North Alameda St
Los Angeles, CA 90012
$1200 Participant Registration
(Includes tuition, course materials, parking and most meals)
CEU's awarded: 0.9
Course Number: LEAD324
Are you finding it hard to say “No,” or keep calm when the pressure is on?
Are you overloaded with emails and endless to-do lists, where everything seems like a priority?
Are you making progress in your career, but at a cost to you and your family?
If you’re feeling stressed out, overwhelmed, or not achieving your goals and want your life to be different - then this is the training course for you. Through theory and interactive exercises, you will learn specific techniques you can use immediately to minimize your stress and increase your productivity. You will identify how to re-engineer your work style to get you on the path from ‘burnout to balance’.
Identifying the Stress/ors in Your Life
- What is stress?
- What stresses you? Your personality style and stress levels
- Recognizing the danger signs of work addiction and tips on what to do to move forward
Focusing on Time and Energy Management
- Minimize time-wasters to maximize productivity
- Utilizing the Time Management Matrix for optimum results
- Gaining insight into the 8 root causes of procrastination and applying strategies for success
- Applying the “Ultradian 90-minute cycle” to your work energy
Proactive Communication Strategies
- Recognizing common misunderstandings in the workplace
- Understanding what happens to your communication style when you’re under stress
- How to say “No” (without guilt) – 5 useful assertiveness strategies
- Using the 6 basic communication steps to effectively cope with other people’s stressful behavior
Leveraging Your Strengths to Reduce Stress
- Breaking out of the psychological impasse cycle (when you’re stuck)
- Knowing how to leverage your strengths for outstanding performance
- Stopping negative habits - turning self-criticism into self-confidence
- Using your strengths to impact your hours of work
Moving from Burnout to Balance
- Recognizing your “Zones of Regulation” to gain control of your day
- How to get what you want from life, applying life strategies that matter to you
- Call to Action: Creating your 9 point life grid
- The 7 key strategies to move from burnout to balance