March 27, 2014: 5:00pm - 8:30pm
March 28, 2014 9:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
Location: Northrop Grumman
$1200 Participant Registration
(Includes tuition, course materials, parking and most meals)
CEU's awarded: 0.9
Course Number: LEAD304A
About the Program
Strategic Thinkers will define the future, while possessing the mental agility to adapt virtually any plan to any context, especially in this fast-paced, global marketplace—yet how do we develop this for individuals? This course emphasizes how to develop a more-strategic mind & enact strategic behaviors through key frameworks and step-by-step methods. The Strategic Mind focuses participants on crafting novel, visionary approaches that will both challenge and synergize with conventional approaches. Those with these perspectives balance future states with past and present contexts, seize opportunities and manage risks simultaneously, align with the organization’s goals and challenge rigid mind blocks. They think in systems that coordinate disciplined focus with desired outcomes.
Through this course, participants will:
- Learn to redefine “the rules of the game” and shift toward concrete mode of thought and action
- Develop mental acuity through a variety of strategic methods and processes
- Envision the future state, while accounting for the past and present state
- Boost proactive behavior and initiative in structured ways
Strategic Thinking Illuminated
- What is Strategic Thinking?
- Everything's a System: The World View & Value of Strategy
- Visual Thinking: Processes, Diagrams, Infographics & White Boards
- The Key Components of Strategic Planning
The Strategic Cornucopia: Multiple Strategy Models
- The Classics: Proven Strategic Frameworks that Work
- Innovative Strategic-Thinking Models: From Porter to Kotter to Bigger & Better.
- The Meta-Framework: How to Position Each and Every One of These Strategic Models into Your Own Meta-Strategic Framework.
Applying & Testing Strategic Scenarios
- Case Scenarios to Test & Apply Your Strategic Skills
- Systems and Process Mapping to Solve These Case Scenarios
- Evaluation of Best Strategies and Tactical Solutions