October 5, 2017
Course runs from 8 a.m. – noon.
Registration fee includes course materials, campus parking and catered breakfast.
About the Program
Practice makes perfect. Business professionals speak in front of people every day, but no matter your experience level, you can always perfect your speaking style and work to clarify your message. Building on the skills developed in the Public Speaking I course, the Public Speaking II course focuses on developing content guaranteed to win over your audience. The course is limited to a small number (12 maximum with smaller breakout groups for one-on-one feedback), so you get the attention you need to build your skills.
This course is appropriate for any business professional that must interact publically, give presentations to investors, lead work group meetings, pitch ideas or represent their company in social events. It is highly recommended (not required) that participants take Public Speaking I: Building Confidence and Clarity before enrolling in this more intensive course.
- Build on the tools learned in Public Speaking I
- Learn how to create compelling content to aid the listener experience
- Achieve awareness of how body language can create a strong executive presence
- Discover how to use their voice effectively to inspire confidence in their ideas
This interactive course will help participants:
- Grab the audience’s attention
- Develop impactful content
- Help audiences listen more actively to your presentation
- Develop relaxation and concentration tips for public speaking
- Understand body language and vocal strength
Dr. Rebecca Johannsen currently teaches Speech and Communication at Mercy College in New York, as well as teaching Theatre at NYU's Tisch School of the Arts. Dr. Johannsen holds a Ph.D. in Theatre from the joint doctoral program at UC Irvine and UC San Diego. She also holds a Master's degree in Theatre from SDSU. Shortly after graduation from SDSU she founded Stone Soup Theatre Company, one of San Diego's most critically acclaimed theatre companies. Dr. Johannsen has focused on connecting acting skills with coaching public speaking for the last five years, working with a variety of clients to improve public speaking skills and emotional intelligence. She also actively works in the Off-Off-Broadway Theatre, producing and directing works at NYC's infamous La MaMa Experimental Theatre Club.