Future dates TBA
8 a.m. – noon
$395 - Includes tuition, course materials, parking and breakfast.
University of California, San Diego
Rady School of Management
Center for Executive Development
Comments from Past Participants
"It was highly-informative and full of useful models for both understanding change and structuring change communications. Jerry Jellison is an engaging, fun, committed facilitator with deep subject expertise. Definitely worth attending!"
About the Program
Successful implementation of change is contingent on helping people embrace a new way of doing things. The traditional tools of communication and persuasion are often insufficient in dealing with emotionally based resistance. After learning the J-Curve model, you’ll be able to use a unique set of tools to immediately speed the implementation of any change.
This course teaches the cognitive, emotional and behavioral reactions at the five stages of the J-Curve. Using best management practices for each stage, this course guides leaders through overcoming the misconceptions and resistance that often accompany change.
- Learn the best management practices for each stage of the J-Curve
- Overcome people’s resistance to the emotional cliff of change
- Activate employees to overcome resistance to change
- Create action plans with feasible goals
- Build enthusiasm for sustaining change
- Leaders’ and followers’ misperceptions of the change process
- Why persuasion and education are weak influence tools
- Communicating at ground level and front-loading rewards
- Creating accountability and getting results
- Building enthusiasm for sustaining changes
- Creating a culture of innovation
- Learn to take advantage of times of crisis to implement key changes
This course is appropriate for any executive or leader that manages and implements change at their company.
Dr. Jerry Jellison has been a professor of social psychology at the University of Southern California for over 30 years. He held previous appointments at Duke University the University of Missouri and the University of Texas, Austin. Jellison has received multiple teaching excellence awards. As president, now chairman of the board, of the 30,000 member USC Credit Union, Dr. Jellison has lead an increase in assets from $2 million to over $350 million. This real world experience informs his ideas on implementing change.
Jellison has been teaching his practical techniques for overcoming resistance to business professionals throughout the world for the past 25 years. He has extensive experience consulting with all levels of management. His book, “Overcoming Resistance,” published by Simon & Schuster, was a Fortune Book Club selection and was named a top business book of 1993. McGraw Hill published “Managing the Dynamics of Change” in 2006.