2014 dates TBA
Course runs from 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. Registration fee includes course materials, campus parking and meals.
About the Program
Healthcare has always been a high-stakes business. Lives are on the line every day. And now that reimbursement is directly linked to a variety of quality and patient perception of care (HCAHPS) metrics, the stakes are even higher.
No doubt you have a strategy for meeting these challenges. But the best-laid plans can be derailed by conflict. In healthcare, conflict and the communication breakdowns that result can have costly consequences—for patient care, safety, and satisfaction.
Developed by the National Conflict Resolution Center, this course provides a comprehensive set of communication skills and introduces useful strategies for managing conflicts in the healthcare field.
With every unresolved conflict, your staff pays a price too. Their ability to collaborate breaks down, and full-on employee engagement is lost. Stress increases, productivity declines, and turnover costs increase.
Remember, in an age of transparency and 24/7 Internet access, patients and their family members will be talking about you. When you provide excellent care, they’ll be your biggest advocates. Let the fallout from conflict affect their perception of care, and the world will surely hear about it.
- Helps healthcare systems meet and exceed The Joint Commission standards for quality healthcare improvement among leadership groups. (LD.3.01.01, LD.2.04.01 and LD.01.03.01)
- Creates and maintains a culture of safety that promotes and protects the quality of patient care.
- Improves communication and increases patient safety.
- Provides tools for ongoing models of positive behavior in the workplace.
- Helps increase morale and reduces future litigation and turnover costs.