Fall 2015 dates coming soon
Course runs from 8 a.m. – noon. Registration fee includes course materials, campus parking, catered breakfast and lunch.
This class fulfills a requirement for the Mindful Executive Certificate Program
About the Program
Emotions are contagious. It starts with the leader at the top: your state, your expectations, your structures, your emotional regulation and how you set the context. Today's teams must do more with less. High performing teams need members with technical competency and intelligence—but that is not enough. Motivation, engagement and productivity happens through effective collaboration based on team dynamics. On a team, the whole is never the sum of its parts, but is greater or lesser depending on how well the individuals work together. The leader has a huge impact on the emotional state of the team and its ability to work together. Who the leader is, and how the leader is presented on a consistent basis, can have dramatic effect on leading the team through change, fostering creativity, innovation, and job satisfaction. Learn key facilitation skills that will engage your team. Never have a boring meeting again.
Participants in this class will learn:
- Learn the 5 key building blocks of high-performing teams and how to facilitate those blocks
- How to engage both relational personalities and task-focused members
- The basic needs of team members and how to design meetings and processes to meet those needs
- Key communication skills to facilitate growth-producing conversations and team dynamics
- The power of informal conversations
- The neuro-chemistry of states and how to lead meetings that tap into resourceful states
- How to quickly assess team effectiveness
- Ideas for leader self-management
This course is appropriate for any business leaders that manage and lead teams or departments.
Dr. Ernie Mendes is an author, executive coach, and a professional development trainer. He has been providing training & development since 1988 and has worked with over 75 diverse organizations, including businesses, school districts, law enforcement agencies, and health centers. Dr. Mendes' diverse professional background includes a combined 23 years as a secondary and post-secondary educator and 11 years as a licensed psychotherapist in private practice. He holds a Ph.D. in Organizational Psychology.