Future Date TBA
Course runs from 8:00am–5:00pm.
Registration fee includes course materials, campus parking, catered breakfast and lunch.
About the Program
The ability to effectively steer projects towards timely completion and successful outcomes is a critical skill in today’s dynamic and turbulent economic environment. Using interactive exercises and case-studies, this class covers the essential skills, concepts and tools for successful project management, such as the art and science of defining and framing projects for risk management, planning and scheduling projects to meet demanding deadlines and budgets, and using state of the art information technology to improve project efficiency and effectiveness.
Learn key concepts- how to plan and schedule projects, mitigate technical and market uncertainty, and manage social aspects of project execution- for crisp project execution. Topics covered:
- Defining, Framing, and Achieving Project Success
- Developing a “Business Case” and Scope for a Project
- Project Planning and Scheduling Essentials: Critical Path and Schedule Risk Management
- Using Software for Planning and Schedule Development (Microsoft Project & Open-source Software)
- Project Execution: Assembling and Managing a Team
- Learning from Projects: Closure and Renewal
- Tailoring Project Management to Different Contexts & Industries, Including Non-Profits
This course is appropriate for firming up the foundation skills and market acumen of project management and leadership.
Vish Krishnan brings a wealth of practical/industry experience, more than two decades of rigorous research expertise, and an engaging style that has earned him the Most Valuable Professor by executive MBA students at the Rady School of Management. He is sought after internationally by companies large and small and by the world-leading journals for his expertise. Professor Krishnan received his doctorate degree from the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) and holds the Sheryl and Harvey White Endowed Chair at the Rady School.