Course runs from 7:45 a.m.–12:00 p.m. Registration fee includes course materials, campus parking and continental breakfast.
About the Program
As a brand and marketing strategy consultant I am frequently asked, “What should my presence on Facebook or Twitter be?” An excellent question, but not the correct one. In fact, there are two questions that should be asked – “First, do I have a well defined brand strategy and if so, how does social media fit into that brand strategy and plan?”
At this workshop, you will learn how to first build a strategically sound brand strategy, then build a consistent communications plan across social and traditional media channels – with a strong focus on social media. Ultimately, you will come away understanding the optimal role of social media, whether you’re in a B2B, B2C or non-profit organization.
Plan on bringing your brand and social media challenges and leaving with practical tools to build and execute compelling brand and social media strategies.
This interactive course will help participants:
- Develop a competitively advantaged brand strategy from which you can build the right social and traditional media strategies
- Determine the role of social media, including which social media networks can best be leveraged to help achieve your marketing objectives
- Understand how to develop a successful social media plan, including what resources will be needed to support implementation
- Identify the common mistakes and pitfalls of participating in social media
Participants will be able to:
- Build a comprehensive and highly differentiated brand strategy
- Determine what social media networks are right for their brand
- Develop the right social media strategy and plan for their brand
- Avoid the common mistakes associated with a social media program
This course is appropriate for a business or marketing leader who wants to determine the optimal role of social media for their organization and their brands; then develop an effective strategy and plan.
Steven Bellach is co-founder of BottomLine Marketing, a strategic business and marketing consulting firm specializing in helping organizations build effective and differentiated marketing strategies and plans. Over his 25-year senior marketing, sales and general management career, Steve has profitably built a broad array of brands at companies ranging from start-up to Fortune 100. Steve most recently served as Vice President, North America Marketing for Jenny Craig; prior to that he was CMO for Provide Commerce/Proflowers.com. Steve received Electronic Retailer's Direct to Consumer Marketer of the Year Award. Steve earned his MBA with distinction from the Kellogg Business School at Northwestern University and his B.S. in Economics from the State University of New York at Albany.