Pinnacle Awards and Alumni Gala Honor Community Leaders and Support Student Fellowships
On May 17, the Rady School of Management hosted its semi-annual Pinnacle Awards and Alumni Gala, a fundraising event that recognizes individuals and companies who are innovators and pioneers in their fields. In addition to recognizing community leaders, significant fellowship funding was raised for graduate student scholarships.
Seven individuals who exemplify the Rady Schoolï¿½s values of innovation, impact, collaboration, integrity and risk taking were honored in various categories. The Pinnacle of Excellence Award categories and winners were:
- • Founder Leadership Award: Pauline Foster, President, Foster Investments
- • Technology Leadership Award: Rodney N. Lanthorne, President, Kyocera International, Inc.
- • Business Leadership Award: Malin Burnham, Vice Chairman, Cushman & Wakefield
- • Life Science Leadership Award: Joseph C. Cook, Jr., Chairman of the Board of Directors, Amylin Pharmaceuticals
- • Alumni Leadership Award: Steve Gerken (FlexMBA ï¿½06), Jay Brandeis (Full-Time MBA ï¿½07)
and Wendy Lin (Full-Time MBA ï¿½08)
Other attendees at the Pinnacle Awards included master of ceremonies George Chamberlin, executive editor for The Daily Transcript and the money adviser for NBC 7/39, along with Rady School lead donor Ernest Rady and his wife Evelyn, Martha Dennis, Anne Evans, Joan and Irwin Jacobs, Stath and Terry Karras, Anne Otterson, Denny Sanford and Sally and John Thornton.