For Student Organizations
Who can be a Sponsored Rady Organization?
In order to request and maintain Sponsorship through Rady Undergraduate Programs, you must:
- Be a UCSD registered student organization.
- Be active for the current academic year.
- Be a professional organization with a focus on business or accounting
- Follow Rady’s established rules and procedures at all times during your use of the space
For more information on how to become a registered Student Org, please visit: http://studentorg.ucsd.edu/ and https://students.ucsd.edu/student-life/involvement/organizations/register.html
I am a member or leader of a UCSD Student Organization
What are the benefits of “sponsorship”?
- You are able to hold group meetings and events in Rady classrooms
- We can help you promote organization activities to a targeted audience through our Facebook Page and blog.
- We increase your online presence by including your organization in our Rady Undergraduate Page as a partner
- We refer Rady students that are looking to do extracurricular activities to your organization based on their interests
How can we become a Rady Sponsored Organization?
Please complete the Sponsored Org Application and email your information to firstname.lastname@example.org/. You may also drop it off at the Rady Undergraduate Programs Suite in Otterson 2E112
How long does it take to receive a response?
Please allow 2-4 weeks for your Request for Sponsorship to be reviewed. You will be notified of your status. You can submit space requests as soon as you are approved as a Sponsored Organization.
I have been denied sponsorship; can I still hold an event at Rady?
Rady offers Facility Rentals for non-partner events. For more information, please visit http://rady.ucsd.edu/about/facilities-rental/. Please note there are fees associated with these rentals.
I am a member of a Rady Sponsored Organization:
How do I reserve a room?
Email your form (Link) to your student org liason for a faster response. You may also send it in to email@example.com. If you would like us to advertise your event, send in a pdf flyer and the message that you would like us to distribute in advance.
Please allow for 2-3 business days for a response during weeks 3-10 of the quarter and 3-5 business days during the first two weeks of the quarter. It is recommended that you book your events at least two weeks in advance, since availability is not guaranteed
What kinds of events can I host at Rady?
- General Body Meetings (1-hour reservations)
- Medium-size events. Capacity capped at 75 people max.
How do you determine availability?
Reservations are made in a First-Come First-serve basis. We will notify Sponsored orgs via email when they can start to submit requests for the following quarter. Please do not send in requests prior to this start date. Any requests received prior to this date will not be processed.
When requesting a room, please keep in mind the following procedures
- You must complete a request per date that you are requesting. If you are requesting multiple dates, make sure you complete an entry per date
- Rooms available for booking are 1S113 and 1S114
- All reservations will end at 10.
- No Sunday availability.
- Limited availability during Friday and Saturday
- No events with food can be hosted in Rady Undergraduate Classrooms
- Reservations for General Body Meetings cannot exceed 1 hour.
What does Rady expect from my student organization?
- Your organization will submit requests on a timely manner
- You will keep in contact Rady’s Student Org Liaison regarding event changes and cancellations
- You will keep your student organization’s information up to date.
- Please inform us when you will not be utilizing a room that you’ve reserved, since rooms are kept open for student org events. You will be held responsible for any damage in the room during the time of your reservation, even if you are not in it.
- Early arrival: Most of our rooms are booked with classes. If you arrive to your event earlier, please make sure to be quiet and respectful of the classes that are taking place. Make sure you and your organization wait outside for the time of your reservation.
- If your reservation is at the end of the day, you will vacate the room by 10 pm.
- Your organization will be respectful of Rady’s rooms
- When you leave the room you will make sure that there is no trash left behind and that the projectors are turned off.
- Neither you nor your members are allowed to have food or beverages in the premises. Bottled water is fine.
- Abuse of the rooms and/or failure to comply with these rules may lead to suspension from the space.