Guests Support Student Fellowships
The Rady School of Management’s Pinnacle Awards and Alumni Gala was held on May 17 on the UC San Diego campus. This semi-annual fundraising event recognizes individuals and companies who are innovators and pioneers in their fields.
Significant fellowship funding was raised from the nearly 300 guests at the gala. In addition, seven individuals who exemplify the Rady School’s values of innovation, impact, collaboration, integrity and risk taking were honored in various categories.
The Pinnacle of Excellence Award categories and winners were:
- Founder Leadership Award: Pauline Foster, President, Foster Investments
- Technology Leadership Award: Rodney N. Lanthorne, President, Kyocera International, Inc.
- Business Leadership Award: Malin Burnham, Vice Chairman, Cushman & Wakefield
- Life Science Leadership Award: Joseph C. Cook, Jr., Chairman of the Board of Directors, Amylin Pharmaceuticals
- Alumni Leadership Award: Steve Gerken (FlexMBA ’06), Jay Brandeis (Full-Time MBA ’07) and Wendy Lin (Full-Time MBA ’08)
Other attendees at the gala included master of ceremonies George Chamberlin, executive editor for The Daily Transcript and the money adviser for NBC 7/39, along with Rady School lead donor Ernest Rady and his wife Evelyn, Martha Dennis, Anne Evans, Joan and Irwin Jacobs, Stath and Terry Karras, Anne Otterson, Denny Sanford and Sally and John Thornton.