Some facts about the CIID program:
56 teams completed the StartR program in the first 5 years of the program.
- 10 teams have become a part of the EvoNexus incubator.
- $39,000,000 in total financing for all teams
- In 2018 alone, teams have won awards in the Entrepreneur Challenge, the Ignite Elevator Pitch Competition, the Triton Innovaiton Challenge and Pitch@Ignite.
- Two teams were accepted into Phase 2 of VentureWell's ETeams program.
45 teams have completed the mystartupXX program in the first 6 years of the program.
- 1 team has already achieved exit and was acquired by another San Diego company.
- 1 member was selected for the Forbes 30Under30 list in 2015.
- Universities from around the world have expressed interest in duplicating the program.
- In 2016, a mystartupXX team became the first ever all-female team to win the UC San Diego Entrepreneur challenge.
- 1 team, a past winner of the Zahn Social Innovation Challenge, successfully completed their Kickstarter campaign.