Supporting Veteran Entrepreneurs
The StartR Veteran program is a commitment to provide Veterans with entrepreneurial programs, resulting in greater confidence and increased skills as they transition into the civilian world. The program utilizes a “Veterans helping Veterans” approach, providing participants with inspiration, support and mentoring throughout the 10 session program. The Fall 2021 program will again be under the direction of Veteran-led Cairn Leadership Strategies.
StartR Veteran teams explore entrepreneurship and focus on the various aspects of launching a startup. They are supported by a team of mentors and advisors who are veterans, or have experience in working with the veteran population.
Who can participate?
Student and alumni veterans at UC San Diego as well as those from the greater veteran community, are invited to participate in the StartR Veteran program at UC San Diego. The program meets Monday evenings, virtually at this time; participation is free.
StartR Veteran may be right for you if you are a veteran and:
- Interested in entrepreneurship, business, or want to learn about starting a business.
- Already have a business idea, and want to further develop that idea.
- Want to collaborate and network with other veteran mentors and entrepreneurs.
- Ready to scale up, raise capital, incorporate, go to market, or go IPO.
What does StartR Veteran provide?
- Leadership team dedicated to helping you grow your startup
- Mentoring events
- Camaraderie with fellow veterans
- Office hours with Rady professors, industry experts, and service providers
- One-on-one coaching
- Sample workshop schedule:
- Market Research and Customer Discovery
- Establish Your Business
- Vision, Mission and Values + Mentor Mixer
- Money Matters
- Design Your Brand
- Market Your Business
- Selling and Closing
- Building Your Team
- Strategic Leadership
- Showcase & Mentor Mixer
What is the length of the program?
The program is a ten weeks long over a four-month period.
What is the application process?
Applications for the Fall StartR Veteran cohort are now open.
APPLY BY OCTOBER 10TH!
Questions? Email email@example.com