Supporting Veteran Entrepreneurs
The StartR Veteran program is a commitment to provide Veterans with entrepreneurial programs, resulting in greater confidence and increased skills as they transition into the civilian world. The program utilizes a “Veterans helping Veterans” approach, providing participants with inspiration, support and mentoring throughout the 10 week program.
StartR Veteran is a collaboration between UC San Diego’s Rady School of Management, The Basement, and Office of Innovation and Commercialization. With a seed grant from the State of California and the UC Office of the President, admitted veteran projects may be eligible to apply for $1,000-$10,000 in seed funding for capital needed to start or expand their business.
Who can participate?
Student and alumni veterans at UC San Diego and , as well as Veterans from the San Diego community, are invited to participate in the StartR Veteran program at UC San Diego. The program has two cohorts per year, with meetings on Wednesday evenings; participation is free.
StartR Veteran may be right for you if you are a veteran and:
- Interested in entrepreneurship, business, or want to learn about starting a business.
- Already have a business idea, and want to further develop that idea.
- Want to collaborate and network with other veteran mentors and entrepreneurs.
- Ready to scale up, raise capital, incorporate, go to market, or go IPO.
What does StartR Veteran provide?
- Help and coaching in pitch prep
- Introductions to investment opportunities
- Technical mentoring, domain experts
- Office space
- Prototyping tech
- An opportunity to apply for seed funding
What is the length of the program?
The program is a ten weeks long and is offered twice a year, in the Fall quarter and in the Spring quarter.
What is the application process?
Interested in applying? Please email firstname.lastname@example.org