Supporting Veteran Entrepreneurs
The StartR Veteran program is a commitment to provide Veterans with entrepreneurial programs, resulting in greater confidence and increased skills as they transition into the civilian world. The program utilizes a “Veterans helping Veterans” approach, providing participants with inspiration, support and mentoring throughout the 10 session program. The Winter/Spring 2020 program will be under the direction of Veteran-led Cairn Leadership Strategies.
StartR Veteran teams explore entrepreneurship and focus on the various aspects of launching a startup. They are supported by a team of mentors and advisors who are veterans, or have experience in working with the veteran population.
Who can participate?
Student and alumni veterans at UC San Diego and , as well as Veterans from the San Diego community, are invited to participate in the StartR Veteran program at UC San Diego. The program meets on Tuesday evenings at the Rady School of Management; participation is free.
StartR Veteran may be right for you if you are a veteran and:
- Interested in entrepreneurship, business, or want to learn about starting a business.
- Already have a business idea, and want to further develop that idea.
- Want to collaborate and network with other veteran mentors and entrepreneurs.
- Ready to scale up, raise capital, incorporate, go to market, or go IPO.
What does StartR Veteran provide?
- Co-working space on the Rady campus
- Camaraderie with fellow veterans
- Office hours with Rady professors, industry experts, and service providers
- Educational workshops:
- February 18th- Market Research and Customer Discovery
- February 25th- Establish Your Business: Legal, Insurance and Structure
- March 3rd- Vision, Mission and Values
- March 10th- Money Matters: Taxes and Financial Statements
- March 17th- Design Your Brand
- March 31st- Marketing
- April 14th- Selling and Closing
- April 21st- Building Your Team: Employment Law to Structure
- April 28th- Strategic Leadership: Metrics for Success
- May 6th- Celebration & Final Pitch
What is the length of the program?
The program is a ten weeks long over a four-month period.
What is the application process?
Applications for StartR Veteran are now closed. Applications will open in FALL 2020.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to be added to the waitlist. We'll let you know when they're open again in the Fall.
Questions? Email email@example.com