StartR Ask Me Anything
TUESDAY, January 26th
12:00 to 1:00 PM
Sign-up to Attend
Come meet the StartR team and ask your questions! Learn
about our accelerators, including:
• StartR Rady
• StartR Inclusion
• StartR Impact
• StartR Veteran
Find out the qualifications for each program and what the
application processes are like.
Questions? Contact: email@example.com
StartR DEMO DAY - February 17th
ONLINE EVENT! Join us for the pivotal moment when the Rady School of Management's StartR teams present their pitches and startup ideas!
May 13th, 2020 - STARTR DEMO DAY
About this Event
Due to the current Covid-19 situation and ever-changing conditions, we have decided to move our Demo Day ONLINE . UCSD Rady School of Management continues to prioritize the health and wellness of our community members, students, and staff amid the national health emergency associated with novel Coronavirus.
The StartR accelerator is a highly competitive program that includes several tracks targeting specific areas of interest: Inclusion, Impact, and Rady MBA. This event is an opportunity for some of the top teams from each track to present their pitch to the Rady School of Management and San Diego entrepreneurial communities.
Don't miss this pivotal moment!
5:30pm- Opening Remarks / 2020 StartR Update
5:40pm- StartR Pitches
7:00pm Event concludes
Please RSVP by May 10th!
For questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Apply for Fowler Global Social Innovation Challenge
Do you have a vision that will change the world?
Our world needs changemakers who create new models and work within new paradigms of sustainable change. Innovate with us to make this world a better place and participate in the Global Social Innovation Challenge (GSIC).
The GSIC is a social venture pitch competition that recognizes, resources and rewards student-led social ventures focused on sustainable change. Apply for the chance to pitch your venture to a panel of judges for up to $50,000 in funding and other resources.
Apply Here: https://www.f6s.com/globalsocialinnovationchallenge2020/apply
• April 1st- Applications open
• April 23rd– Info Session (Virtual)- RSVP to attend: bit.ly/GSIC-2020
• May 5th – Application closes at midnight
• May 7th– Pitching 101 workshop with Professor Kim Davis King **open to all students (Virtual)
• May 21st- UCSD Final pitch competition (Virtual)
• June 12- 13 – Global Final at University of San Diego (Virtual)
MIT Solve, an initiative of the Massachusetts Institute of Technology with a mission to solve world challenges, announced a prize pool of over $1.5 million for its next class of Solver teams.
Solve seeks solutions from tech-based social innovators around the world for the other 2020 Global Challenges: Health Security & Pandemics, Good Jobs & Inclusive Entrepreneurship, Learning for Girls & Women, Sustainable Food Systems, and Maternal & Newborn Health.
Apply by June 18, 2020
More info: solve.mit.edu/become-a-solver
Past Events and Opportunities:
● 4/05/2020: Apply to Connect Cool Companies! Calling Startup Companies Ready to Scale.
● 4/8/2020 -The NSF I-Corps provides entrepreneurs the opportunity to validate their idea for the market while pairing them with a seasoned mentor. There is also an opportunity to receive grant funding for prototype development or customer discovery. Apply to NSF I-Corps. Upon completion, you may apply for the National NSF I-Corps program, which offers grant awards of $50,000.00, plus further entrepreneurial support.
Workshops will be held from 6-9PM on April 16, 23, and 30. (Zoom link will be sent to accepted applicants)
● 4/3/2020 - The Walt Disney Company Announces 2020 Disney Accelerator Program to Advance Opportunities For Innovative Growth-Stage Startups
● 3/27/2020- Apply to pitch at BIO International Convention --Start-Up Stadium Application 2020 https://bioevents.hubb.me/
● 3/19/2020 - Internship at Sway Ventures
Please email Diana at email@example.com with your Resume & 2-3 paragraphs on why they are interested in VC.Paid internship is based in the SF office and runs for 2 months during the summer (Mid June- Mid August)
● 3/15/2020 - The First Look SoCal Innovation Showcase is an annual conference celebrating the best early stage teams commercializing tech and life science breakthroughs from SoCal’s top research institutions.
● 3/8/2020 - Apply for the Schulze Entrepreneurship Challenge & e-Fest: https://eix.org/e-fest-guide/
● 2/7/20: Investing in Inclusion Pitch Competition : https://docs.google.com/document/d/1pOnwucqZd3tKj7sD-TcoaQn0lUyK6cSydrb7B0d3AAU/edit#bookmark=id.3ow8v3lczcqn
● 2/15/20 Slavin Family Foundation Fellowship - Fellowships will be awarded to undergraduate and graduate students of extraordinary potential pursuing entrepreneurial projects.
● 2/21/20: Apply to Launch Factory - Think you or someone you know would make a great founder? Want to work in a big idea? Apply to Launch Factory, a startup studio that gives you office space, funding, a salary, and more, so that you can succeed. They also have a referral program that rewards you for finding their next founders. Applications due soon.
● 1/31/19: Merck Innovation Cup 2020 (€ 20K; MBA students/recent graduates & graduate students/postdocs)
The Triton Innovation Challenge, now in its eighth year, is a business competition focused on fostering creativity and bringing to the spotlight commercially promising, environmentally focused technologies generated by the finest minds at UC San Diego. Supported through the generosity of The William and Kathryn Scripps Family Foundation Inc., the program is presented through a partnership of the Rady School of Management, Scripps Institution of Oceanography, and the Jacobs School of Engineering.
The competition awards cash prizes totaling $13,500 to support new and innovative ideas that relate to the environment (comes from, inspired by, or directly impacts nature.) Environmentally related social innovation ideas and those with or without a prototype are encouraged to apply. All participants are also eligible to compete for up to $300,000 in investment funding from the Rady Venture Fund and Triton Technology Fund.
Register to Attend: http://bit.ly/TritonInnov2019
● 11/8: Global Student Entrepreneur Awards Application Deadline ($25k prize; eligibility)
● 11/15: Global Financial Modeling Competition Application Deadline ($10k prize; students & non-students)
● 11/15: Equalize 2020 (pitch competition open to teams w/at least 1 woman with an academic appointment)
● 11/20 @ 12pm PST: Big Ideas Competition Application Deadline ($10k prizes; student-led teams)
● 12/18: San Diego Angel Conference Application Deadline ($250k investment; all entrepreneurs)