Israel Immersion Program
2021 Israel Immersion Program Overview:
The Israel Immersion offers a unique opportunity for a 10-day intensive experience, learning about the Israeli market and culture. While connecting with colleagues from Rady and Israel you will visit with local industry experts and policymakers.
This dynamic opportunity will enhance your learning experience, to better understand first-hand the global business environment.
2021 Program Application
Israel Immersion Application Process
- The application and course information will be sent to all eligible students by mid-August. All completed applications will be reviewed and applicants will be contacted regarding their status.
- The application will open on August 9, 2021 and close on August 22, 2021. When applying, be sure to submit the application form and any necessary documentation by the specified deadline. Only completed applications will be reviewed.
- Students will be notified by the end of August 2021. Students accepted into the Israel Immersion will be notified and pre-authorized to enroll in the course.
- Because of the complexity inherent to this course, and because of the limited class size, we consider enrollment in this class as binding.
- At this time students cannot enroll into the Israel Immersion course as it is an application based course. To be considered for the course and therefore eligible for course enrollment you must submit a completed application by August 22, 2021.
- The Israel Immersion requires students to travel to Israel from December 11-21, 2021. You must be able to travel during this time period, it is an essential aspect of the course and content learning. No exceptions!
- The trip is limited to those enrolled in the class, including Rady alumni. It is not possible to have others (for example, family members, friends, etc.) join any portion of the trip. Again, no exceptions!
Students must enroll in MGT443- Topics in International Business: Israel in the 21st Century in the 2021 Fall quarter - 2 credit units. There will be 2 mandatory class meetings during non-FLEX weekends, as well as assignments to be submitted and/or presented in class.
Students must also enroll in MGT419 - Global Business Intensive: Israel Innovation in the 2021 Winter quarter - 2 credit units. This includes the actual trip to Israel and a meeting where students will present the findings of the research they conducted during, and following, the visit to Israel.
- Aug 9: Application opens
- Week of Aug 11th @ Noon-1pm : Information Session RSVP to attend
- Aug 22: Application closes
- Aug 27: decisions out to students
- Class Meeting: Two non-FLEX Saturday meetings (dates TBD) from 9 a.m. - 5:30 p.m., with a 1-hour lunch break.
- Israel Trip dates: December 11- 21
- Check-in at the hotel December 11 / Check out at December 21
Note: Final Exams Week
Because the trip departure date is immediately following final exams week, it is the students’ responsibility to contact their professors (early) to arrange to submit all Fall 2021 course work prior to departure.
Accomodations in Israel
- The group will stay at 3-star hotels.
- Students will be sharing hotel rooms (2 students per room with 2 beds).
- Some meals in Israel are included in the trip, as long as students eat with the group.
- Trip expenses, excluding airfare to/from Israel, will be paid through a competitive educational grant. Students will be responsible for airfare to/from Israel, visa and passport costs, any personal purchases, and some meals.
- Students are required to submit their flight itineraries to Diana Kanchanasuwan (email@example.com) no later than October 1, 2021.
- All students will be responsible for paying for the four academic credit units (2 in Fall and 2 in Winter).
How to Apply
Applications will be open August 9th. Link to the application will be posted to this website at a later date. Please check back at a later date.
Register to attend the August 11th Info-Session:
View the Recording: https://ucsd.zoom.us/rec/share/FvTen1zt5YvDAjLjc94XhfdA1jJevR-W3um-_1wNspJwgZfd55Xc2zkHqj44wbjm.mDwlgZV72sZ71ndZ
Apply By August 22, 2021: https://bit.ly/2021-RadyUSIC-Application
- Enrollment decisions will be made by August 27th.
- Students who do not attend both class sessions and complete all assignments will have their participation revoked.
- No family members or friends can join this trip.
Questions? Please email Diana Kanchanasuwan at firstname.lastname@example.org