LeadershipPresident - Jasmine Rezai (FT17)
VP of Finance - Athalia Goenawan (FT17)
Board Member - Sabrina Qutb (FT17)
Board Member - Omar Turkey (FT17)
Net Impact is an international nonprofit organization with a mission to inspire, educate and equip individuals to use the power of business to create a more socially and environmentally sustainable world. Spanning six continents, Net Impact's membership makes up one of the most influential networks of professionals and students in existence today. Net Impact members are current and emerging leaders in CSR, social entrepreneurship, nonprofit management, international development, and environmental sustainability who are actively improving the world.
Rady School Net Impact club members are able to:
- Access an international network of like-minded business students and professionals.
- Participate in programs that hone business skills, create professional contacts, and build their resumes.
- Connect in-person at local events and at the annual Net Impact conference, and online via conference calls.
- Access resources to help build meaningful careers and find employers that share their values.
- Rady School students also have access to cross-boundary collaborations and joint degree programs with UC San Diego centers of excellence, including Scripps Institution of Oceanography and UCSD's Graduate School of International Relations and Pacific Studies, both Net Impact partners. Located in one of the fastest growing clean-technology hubs in the nation, the Rady School also is located on one of the greenest, most sustainable campuses in the U.S.
Goals of the Rady School Net Impact chapter include:
- Strengthening the relationships between the Rady School and the socially and environmentally responsible business community in San Diego, other Net Impact chapters, and UC San Diego.
- Ensuring that core Rady curriculum and electives incorporate social and environmental themes.
- Educating Rady School students on opportunities in clean technology, sustainability, and socially responsible business.
- Getting involved in programs offered by the national Net Impact organization, such as service corps volunteers, campus greening, and other special projects.
- Continuing to offer pro-bono consulting services for local nonprofit organizations.
- Placing Rady School Net Impact club members on the boards of local nonprofits.
Recent projects include:
- Hosting guest speakers from socially and environmentally responsible companies and organizations.
- Visiting nonprofits, benefit corporations, and for-profit companies with strong CSR programs.
- Participating alongside the San Diego corporate community in a fundraising event in support of Mama's Kitchen, an organization that provides nutritious meals to low-income people struggling with cancer or AIDS.
- Partnering with Grid Alternatives—an organization that works collaboratively with communities and local organizations to develop renewable energy solutions that are environmentally, socially, and economically sustainable—to learn about solar technology and to participate in a solar panel installation in a low-income community.