LeadershipColette Conover (FE 2022)
Kazuaki Kusakiyo (FT 2021)
Colin Moynihan (FE 2021)
Kellie Carlson (FE 2021)
Net Impact Rady inspires, educates, and empowers students, individuals, and local companies to leverage quantitative and qualitative methods in business to promote social impact and sustainability. We are a nonprofit student-run club that incorporates social responsibility and environmental sustainability into the school’s curriculum and programs and looks to provide consulting services to our local San Diego community.
Rady School Net Impact club members are able to:
- Access an international network of like-minded business students and professionals.
- Participate in programs that hone business skills, create professional contacts, and build their resumes.
- Connect in-person at local events and at the annual Net Impact conference, and online via conference calls.
- Access resources to help build meaningful careers and find employers that share their values.
- Rady School students also have access to cross-boundary collaborations and joint degree programs with UC San Diego centers of excellence, including Scripps Institution of Oceanography and UCSD's Graduate School of International Relations and Pacific Studies, both Net Impact partners. Located in one of the fastest growing clean-technology hubs in the nation, the Rady School also is located on one of the greenest, most sustainable campuses in the U.S.
Goals of the Rady School Net Impact chapter include:
- Strengthening the relationships between the Rady School and the socially and environmentally responsible business community in San Diego, other Net Impact chapters, and UC San Diego.
- Ensuring that core Rady curriculum and electives incorporate social and environmental themes.
- Educating Rady School students on opportunities in clean technology, sustainability, and socially responsible business.
- Getting involved in programs offered by the national Net Impact organization, such as service corps volunteers, campus greening, and other special projects.
- Continuing to offer pro-bono consulting services for local nonprofit organizations.
- Placing Rady School Net Impact club members on the boards of local nonprofits.
Net Impact Rady club members participate in national Competitions (Michigan’s Renewable Energy Case Competition and Patagonia’s annual business challenge), Technical Workshops (EDF’s CarbonSim), Career Panels and Info Sessions (Corporate Social Responsibility discussion and EDF Climate Corps fellowship), and Consulting Projects with local businesses.