8:00am - 5:00pm
Registration fee includes tuition, course materials, parking, breakfast, and lunch.
This class is part of the Excel Certificate Program.
This is an intermediate to advanced-intermediate level course.
This course is designed for PC users and uses Microsoft Excel 2016 Pro. A limited quantity of laptops are available to borrow.
“Instructor was excellent. Haven’t been in a classroom in 10+ years & found the class very engaging & even fun!!”
"The teacher got us all excited about learning more in Excel."
About the Program
Get more out of Microsoft Excel®: more productivity and better answers for greater success. This intermediate-level course brings together all the intensely useful knowledge you need: insights, techniques, tips, and shortcuts.
At this hands-on training, you will learn to use Excel to successfully tackle financial forecasting, mortgage analysis, purchase order calculations, pro forma financials, capital budgeting and the effects of different economic scenarios on earnings.
- Formatting: Customize the look and feel of your workbook, allowing you to draw attention to specific sections and making your content easier to view and understand
- Absolute vs. Relative Cell References: a cell or a range of cells on a worksheet and can be used in a formula so that Excel can find the values or data that you want that formula to calculate
- Filtering: Filter your Excel data if you only want to display records that meet certain criteria
- Tables: Allow you to analyze your data in Excel quickly and easily
- Sorting: Sort data by numbers, text such as alphabetical order, dates, colors, icons, or by a custom list.
- Formulas and Functions: Allows all sorts of data analysis, from simple sums to standard deviation
- Macros: Easily create automated tasks and custom logic
- Solver / Goal Seek: find roots of a polynomial equation and a variety of other problems, even with multiple unknowns
- Linking Spreadsheets: Establish links across multiple spreadsheets and workbooks to streamline data management
- Present Value Applications and Finance Functions: Determine the value of a financial asset.
- Charting: Communicate data graphically.
- Conditional Formatting: Allows you to apply different formatting options, such as color, to a cell or cells based on the data entered.
- Spark lines: Graphs that fit in one cell and give you information about the data
- Sliders: Use a scroll bar or spin button to quickly enter or change a range of values.
- Histograms: A specialized type of bar graph used to summarize groups of data.
- Working with Text: Learn valuable formulas for working with text in Excel, Flash Fill
This course is designed for participants with intermediate skill level using Excel. Participants should be comfortable using Excel and have familiarity with its basic functions. This course is not for beginners or designed for people with no Excel experience.
David Ravetch has been a UCLA faculty member for over thirty years. He has won numerous teaching awards. He has been named Favorite Accounting Instructor, as voted by the accounting students, as well as, Most Recommended Instructor, as voted by students campus wide. In the spring of 1995, the California Society of Certified Public Accountants, Committee on Accounting Education awarded him their 1995 Faculty Merit Award, which recognizes excellence in teaching.
When David Ravetch first began teaching at UCLA, the current Undergraduate Accounting program was in its infancy stages and UCLA was not yet a major contender for recruitment efforts by the International Accounting Firms. In the fall of 1995, under his guidance and direction, the Accounting Minor was the first approved minor under UCLA. David Ravetch was named as the Director of the Undergraduate Accounting Program by the Anderson School. He has served as the Director of the Undergraduate Accounting Program for fifteen years.
at the Rady School of Management
*The Rady School of Management Center for Executive Development (CED) may change, postpone or cancel a class at any time. We do not provide refunds for any fees related to travel, including but not limited to gas, bus fare, train tickets, airline tickets, etc. Certificate requirements may also change. We will provide as much notice as possible should this occur.