November 28, 2017
8:00am – 12:00pm
Registration fee includes course materials, campus parking, and catered breakfast.
This class is part of the Leadership Certificate Program.
About the Program
In today’s world, many of us are multi-tasking and taking on extra workloads from others. Too much to do, too little time and do more with less seem to be the mantras of our time. It can be tough to get and stay focused with changing priorities, tight deadlines and constant interruptions. Society is changing, in today’s competitive workforce work life balance won out over both salary and flexible schedules as the most important factor when evaluating a job prospect. Work life balance came in at 72% with salary at 70% and flexible schedule at 65%.
This course empowers you to reconnect with your passion and purpose. Life is meant to be rewarding, fun and fulfilling. Studies show that happy, balanced people boost sales by 37%, increase productivity by 31%, reduce errors by 18% and boost chances of promotion by 40%!
Not only will you learn balance in work and home life, you will learn tools that allow you to quickly get focused even when others around you are throwing distractions your way. You’ll identify how to self-manage yourself, overcome your biggest time wasters and get team members into a productive work flow.
“If you neglect to recharge a battery, it dies.” – Oprah Winfrey
- Reduce the impact of stress, and how to change your reactions to it permanently! – Did you know what people think about stress or stressful situations is the 15th biggest killer of humans in the USA?
- Use tools to get a complete picture of your work load and how to avoid unnecessary interruptions and delays
- Increase effectiveness using self-directed skills that quickly get you focused and stay focused regardless of the distractions from others.
- Identify your peak productivity time and how to schedule your day to maximize your productivity
- Learn techniques for eliminating your worst time wasters, including email overload!
- Learn how to batch work to get it done faster and avoid the stop / start pattern
- Instantly identify the different work styles of others and skills to quickly get in sync with them for increased teamwork and productivity
- Set up your work space and use tools that will assist you in maximizing your efficiency
- Insert healthy boundaries at work without letting the ball drop on your responsibilities
- Manage technology and the impact it has on your work and home life
- How to create work-life balance that works for you. Did you know that studies show people who are active in 6 or 7 areas of their life are healthier and happier?
- Build a fun and exciting family / or social culture. No longer will you be too tired after work to engage in your non-work life!
- Learn how to help keep yourself energized and engaged
Nancy Drew is a dynamic business speaker with over 15 years high-level business expertise who is recognized internationally in the United States, Canada and Europe.
Nancy started her career as an entry-level sales representative for a Fortune 100 company. She gained significant attention by repeatedly breaking every sales record established by the company and started on a steady progression of promotions. Nancy moved through mid and senior sales and general management, operations, marketing, and acquisitions until a large competitor recruited her. In her new role, she continued her success focusing on people development, revenue and profitability growth with a special focus of quality improvement and reporting to Wall Street. Nancy states, “I was very fortunate! I think the secret was I simply took on the most under-performing companies that no one else wanted and was relentless in learning everything I could to restructure the business and the people into profitable and productive entities.”
In 2004, Nancy transitioned to being a management consultant: she launched Drew and Associates and traveled the world working with small to large organizations. Nancy addresses the day-to-day needs and challenges businesspeople face. She is a high-energy, interactive speaker who introduces common sense and easy-to-apply solutions. As a TV personality, she uses her journalistic drive to source and share factual case studies from small businesses to Fortune 500 companies. Using these real-life examples gives attendees a successful plan they can immediately implement.
Nancy is a speaker and educator for UC San Diego Rady School of Management, Miramar University, Chevron, Toyota, Honda, Kellogg’s, Interpol Police Commission, Waste Management, Make-a-Wish Foundation, Orange County’s Workforce Development, and many others, and actively works as business consultant to the medical and dental community.
Nancy is certified by five different sales training organizations, has an adult education certification and speaks on several topics for business, leadership and sales. When not at work, Nancy works with the Orphan Ministry at Saddleback Church and is an active volunteer with Veteran Services.https://youtu.be/6ow-tsLiLds
*The Rady School of Management Center for Executive Development (CED) may change, postpone or cancel a class at any time. We do not provide refunds for any fees related to travel, including but not limited to gas, bus fare, train tickets, airline tickets, etc. Certificate requirements may also change. We will provide as much notice as possible should this occur.