UC San Diego Juniors: Early Admission
As you prepare to enter your final year at UC San Diego, you may be starting to plan for your life beyond your bachelor’s degree. If you are contemplating graduate school and advanced training, we invite you to apply for early consideration for the fall start of the Master of Professional Accountancy Program (MPAc).
Applying for early consideration allows UC San Diego students to apply to the MPAc degree program by May 30th of their junior year.
Fall 2019 Deadlines
► November 1, 2018 - Early Decision Deadline
► December 1, 2018 - 1st Round
► February 1, 2019 - 2nd Round
► April 1, 2019 - 3rd Round / International Student Deadline
► June 1, 2019 - 4th Round Deadline
A completed Master of Professional Accountancy application will include the following components:
1. Application Form
Fill out the application form online.
Provide unofficial academic transcripts by uploading a PDF (front and back sides of each page) directly into the online application. Official transcripts are not required until you are offered admission by UC San Diego.
For international applicants ONLY: http://grad.ucsd.edu/admissions/requirements/international-applicants/records-transcripts.html- All international transcripts require an official translation into English by a certified translator. International applicants must submit a certified copy of their diploma indicating the degree received.
3. Resume or CV
Submit your up-to-date resume or CV.
4. Accounting Background
Prospective students should have a solid accounting foundation. Applicants must have successfully completed 24 quarter units (16 semester units) in accounting including:
Intermediate Accounting I
Intermediate Accounting II
Additional coursework in accounting is not required for admissions though it may strengthen a candidate’s application. Students with non-accounting undergraduate degrees and less than 24 quarter units (16 semester units) in accounting will be considered on an exceptional basis.
All applicants are required to submit two recommendations. Recommendations are accepted online in PDF format. They can come from either academic or professional references. It is most important that letters of recommendation be completed by individuals who are in a position to analyze your ability and academic promise.
6. Statement of Purpose
Your Statement of Purpose should be no longer than 500 words, double-spaced, 12-point font. The Rady Mission Statement: The Rady School of Management develops ethical and entrepreneurial leaders who make a positive impact in the world through innovation, collaboration and knowledge. Please choose two of the following words from our mission statement: entrepreneurial, innovation, collaboration, knowledge. Discuss how the two words you have chosen have played a role in your academic and/or professional career.
7. GMAT or GRE Scores
The Master of Professional Accountancy program accepts either GMAT or GRE scores. You must submit an official test score report in order for your application to be considered. You may submit your application before taking the GMAT or GRE, but the final admissions decision will not be made until we have received your official score(s).
- The code for the GMAT is 3NS-ZK-27.
- The code for the GRE is 4836
8. TOEFL, IELTS or PTE Score (for international applicants only)
- TOEFL scores are to be sent from ETS to institutional code 4836-02. Minimum scores for TOEFL: 90, however, competitive applicants’ average scores are above 100.
- IELTS scores are to be sent directly from the British Council or test-taking institution. The minimum IELTS score is 7. Select University of California, San Diego as the institution and have them send scores directly to our Graduate Admissions office at: Rady School of Management, Master of Professional Accountancy Program, UC San Diego, 9500 Gilman Drive #0553, La Jolla, CA 92093-0553
- PTE test takers must select the University of California, San Diego as a score recipient, then submit a copy of your scores directly to our Graduate Admissions office at: Rady School of Management, UC San Diego, 9500 Gilman Drive #0553, La Jolla, CA 92093-0553. Include your registration ID number and exam date on your application. Official scores will be verified online. The minimum PTE score is 65.
TOEFL/IELTS scores can be waived for applicants who have studied at least one full academic year in an undergraduate or graduate institution in a country where English is the dominant language. If you maintained a 3.0 GPA during one academic year in the university, then you are exempt from the TOEFL/IELTS. Be sure to include all of your university transcripts in the application. The Admissions Committee will look at your transcripts and see if you are eligible for a waiver. They will then update your application.
9. Application Fee
The Fall 2018 application fee is $105 for US citizens or Permanent Residents; $125 for international applicants. Fees have not yet been determined for Fall 2019. The non-refundable fee is payable by credit card through the online application. You may also pay by check, following the instructions in the online application. If you choose to pay by check, please note that your application will not be processed until your check has been received.
For more information about our programs and upcoming admissions events, join our mailing list.