Transform Your Career. Make a Difference.
I wanted to develop a new toolkit to jumpstart my leadership roles.-Richard L. Lieber, Ph.D.
Professor and Vice Chairman, Research
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, UC San Diego
Today’s emerging leaders in healthcare and in health sciences research are faced with new challenges: the complexities of changing public policy, decreased research funding, a focus on outcomes and accountability. With new technologies and increasing cost pressures, health science managers and leaders need both a broad scope of domain and industry knowledge and business acumen. With a cohort comprised of leaders from medical, biotech, financial, and governmental industries, you are peer learning from day one, providing a comprehensive and collaborative cross-disciplinary experience.
The Rady School’s MBA for Leadership and Innovation in Health Sciences began with our collaboration with UC San Diego Health Sciences. As one of the nation’s top academic medical centers, their goal of training physician and research leaders in business ensures continued excellence in the complex world of health care delivery and health sciences research.
The Rady FlexMBA for Health Sciences program begins with our robust core curriculum, and then offers a plethora of electives, including Lab to Market, relevant for healthcare and health sciences professionals.
With the Rady School’s Leadership and Innovation in Health Sciences you gain:
- Skills and knowledge immediately useful in your work and for your organization.
- Capacity to continue to expand your scope of responsibility and contribution.
- Potential for enhanced impact in the innovation-driven health sciences sector.
- An extraordinary network.
Below are selected FlexMBA Electives Relevant to Health Sciences Leaders:
- Health Care Industry, Structure, and Strategy
- Biotechnology Industry, Structure and Strategy
- Advanced Management Communication
- Marketing Communications
- Service Operations
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- Disruptive Technology in Health Care
- Project Management
- New Product Development
- Supply Chain Management
- Health Policy and Law for Business
- New Venture Finance
- Research for Marketing Decisions
- Technology Innovation and Strategy
Students also have the ability to further focus and customize their elective choices for specific educational and professional needs.