Rady Sponsored Student Organizations
Who can be a sponsored?
In order to request and maintain sponsorship through Rady Undergraduate Programs, your organization must:
- Be a UCSD registered student organization
- Be active for the current academic year
- Be a professional organization with a focus on a business related field
- Follow Rady’s established rules and procedures at all times during your sponsorship
For more information on how to become a
What are the benefits of Rady sponsorship?
- Hold group meetings and events at the Rady School of Management
- Promote events and activities to a targeted audience through email blasts, Facebook page
- Included on the Rady Undergraduate Programs Website as an official sponsored
What kinds of events can I host at Rady?
- General Body Meetings (1-hour reservations)
- Medium-size events (capacity capped at 75 people)
- Large-scale events with special permission (may require reservation fee)
How can we become a Rady Sponsored Organization?
Please complete the following online form: Student Organization Rady Sponsorship Application
How long does it take to receive a response after I submit my sponsorship request?
Please allow 2-4 weeks for your Request for Sponsorship to be reviewed. You will be notified by email with the final status of your application. You can submit room requests as soon as you are approved as a sponsored organization.
I have been denied sponsorship, can I still hold an event at Rady?
Rady offers facility rentals for non-partner organizations and events. For more information, please visit http://rady.ucsd.edu/about/facilities-rental/. Please note: fees are associated with these rentals.
I am already sponsored by Rady, how do I reserve a room?
Please coordinate with the UCSD Business Council to reserve rooms for general business meetings at the Rady School of Management. Room reservation requests can be sent to businesscouncilUCSD@gmail.com.
For large-scale events, please submit a One-Time Event Request Form.
We will respond to your request in 1-2 weeks to determine if we can accommodate your event. Once an event is approved, if your student organization would like us to advertise your event, please send a pdf flyer and the message that you would like us to distribute in advance to firstname.lastname@example.org.
It is recommended that you book your events at least two weeks in advance as availability is not guaranteed. Large-scale events that are requested to be held on Friday evening or Saturday will require a room reservation fee. We do not allow events to be held on Sunday.
How does Rady administration determine room availability?
Reservations are made on a first-come-first-serve basis. Room reservation requests are handled by Rady administration and the UCSD Business Council.
When requesting a room, please keep in mind the following:
- You must complete a request for each date you are requesting. If you are requesting multiple dates, make sure you complete one entry per date.
- Rooms available for booking are 1S113 and 1S114.
- All reservations will end at 10:00 PM.
- Rooms are not available on Sunday, with limited availability on Friday and Saturday.
- Food and drinks are not allowed in the Rady classrooms.
- Reservations for General Body Meetings cannot exceed 1 hour.
What does Rady expect from my student organization if sponsored?
You will submit regular weekly meeting reservations for the quarter to Business Council during week 9 of the PREVIOUS quarter.
You will inform Business Council of any one-time large events at least 3 months prior to the reservation date.
You will inform the Business Council of any additional meetings at least 7 days in advance.
You will inform the Business Council of cancellations 24 - 48 hours in advance.
If you cancel without notification, you will be held responsible for any damages in the room during the time of your reservation, even if you are not in it.
If you arrive early to your event, you will be quiet and respectful of the classes that are taking place. Make sure you and your organization wait outside for the time of your reservation.
If your reservation is at the end of the day, you will vacate the room by 10 pm.
Your organization will be respectful of Rady's rooms and courtyard.
When you leave the room, you will make sure that there is no trash left behind and that the projectors are turned off.
Neither you nor your members are allowed to have food or beverages in the rooms. Bottled water is fine.
Abuse of the rooms and/or failure to comply with these rules may lead to suspension from the Rady sponsorship.