What is RadyVantage?
Benefits of RadyVantage:
In addition to the many benefits of being a registered UC San Diego student organization, the Rady School provides the following benefits through the RadyVantage program:
- Use of Rady classrooms for meetings and events
- Listed on Rady website as official RadyVantage student organization
- Promotion of student opportunities and events by Rady Advising Staff
- Funding for student events (Please visit “Funding Requests for RadyVantage Student Organizations” for more information)
Requirements for RadyVantage:
Student organizations who have met all the criteria listed below may submit an application to request to become a RadyVantage student organization.
- Registered UC San Diego student organization
- Professional organization with business-related focus
- Supported by business-related UCSD Instructor
- Provides opportunities for students within the business community
For more information on how to become a registered UCSD Student Organization, please visit:
If your student organization fulfills all requirements listed under “Requirements for RadyVantage” and is interested in obtaining endorsement, please complete the following online form:
Please allow 2-4 weeks for your request to be reviewed by Rady staff. Your student organization will be notified by email with the final status of your application. You can submit room requests as soon as you become an approved RadyVantage student organization.
RadyVantage Policies and Procedures
All current RadyVantage Student Organizations must abide by the following policies and procedures.
Room Reservation Requests for RadyVantage Student Organizations:
Rady classrooms are available to organizations for the following events:
- General Body Meetings
- Student Organization members only
- Weekly meetings
- Medium-size events
- 75 ppl maximum
- Workshops, Panels, and Recruitment events
- Large-scale events
- 100+ ppl
- Conferences and collaboration events
- By application only, may require room reservation fee
RadyVantage student organizations can find the current availability of our meeting rooms on the Rady School Undergrad Student Orgs Site (link below). Please review the calendar and pending reservation sheet prior to submitting your room reservation request. Each student organization can submit up to 10 room reservation requests per quarter. In addition to Rady Classrooms, students can also .
*Availability is not guaranteed during listed times/dates and the calendar is subject to change.
The UCSD Business Council handles all general body meetings and medium sized events room reservation requests for RadyVantage student organizations. If you have a questions or requests, please email them at businesscouncilUCSD@gmail.com.
For large-scale events, please submit a One-Time Event Request Form.
We will respond to your request in 1-2 weeks to determine if we can accommodate your event. Please submit all large-scale events request at least four weeks in advance, as availability is not guaranteed. Large-scale events requested on Friday or Saturday may require a room reservation fee due to additional staffing needs outside of business hours. We do not allow events on Sunday.
Funding Requests for RadyVantage Student Organizations:
Student Organizations are encouraged to utilize the Student Organization Funding Resources prior to requesting funding from the Rady School of Management. The Rady School has limited funding to help support student events and activities that directly serve the business community.
All student organization requests must fall under at least one category for funding consideration:
- Programming Funds
- Operating Funds
- Tournament and Competition Funds
The Rady School will not providing funding for the following:
- Website hosting
- Gifts and giveaways
- Income generating items
- Purchase of supplies
- Rental fees
- Alcoholic beverage services or controlled substances
RadyVantage Student Organizations who have met the above guidelines can submit their request through the funding request form below.
If the funding request is approved, the student organization will be required to provide the following:
- Name of requestor/payee (this person will receive the reimbursement directly)
- Payment receipts for each approved line item listed
- List of all attendees for the event/activity
All payment receipts must be submitted no later than 2 weeks after the event/activity or the funding commitment may be voided. RadyVantage funds are non-transferable.
Expectations for RadyVantage Student Organizations:
- Attend Board of Directors meeting twice a quarter (Fall, Winter and Spring)
- Active participation in annual Rady collaboration events (i.e. Meet the Orgs, Holiday Handshake, etc.)
- Submit regular weekly meeting reservations for the quarter to Business Council during week 9 of the PREVIOUS quarter.
- Inform Business Council of any one-time large events at least 3 months prior to the reservation date.
- Inform the Business Council of any additional meetings at least 7 days in advance.
- Inform the Business Council of cancellations 24 - 48 hours in advance.
- For cancellation without notification, the student organization are responsible for any damages in the room during the time of their reservation, even if they were not present.
- For arrival prior to the reservation start time, the student organization members will be quiet and respectful of the classes that are taking place. The organization members must outside for the time of their reservation.
- For reservations at the end of the day, all student organization members must vacate the room by 10 pm.
- All student organization members will be respectful of Rady's rooms and the courtyard.
- When vacating the room, the student organization will be responsible of no trash left behind and projectors turned off.
- NO food or beverages in the rooms at any time. Bottled water is fine.
- Abuse of the rooms and/or failure to comply with these rules may lead to suspension from the RadyVantage program.
Additional resources for UCSD Student Organizations: