Rady Sponsored Student Organizations
Who can be a sponsored?
In order to request and maintain sponsorship through Rady Undergraduate Programs, your organization must:
- Be a UCSD registered student organization
- Be active for the current academic year
- Be a professional organization with a focus on a business related field
- Follow Rady’s established rules and procedures at all times during your sponsorship
For more information on how to become a registered Student Organization, please visit:
What are the benefits of Rady “sponsorship”?
- You are able to hold group meetings and events in Rady classrooms
- We can help you promote organization activities to a targeted audience through our Facebook page and blog
- We increase your online presence by including your organization in our Rady Undergraduate Programs page as a partner
- We refer Rady students that are looking to do extracurricular activities to your organization based on their interests
What kinds of events can I host at Rady?
- General Body Meetings (1-hour reservations)
- Medium-size events (capacity capped at 75 people)
- Large scale events with special permission
How can we become a Rady Sponsored Organization?
Please complete the following online form: Student Organization Rady Sponsorship Application
How long does it take to receive a response?
Please allow 2-4 weeks for your Request for Sponsorship to be reviewed. You will be notified by email with the final status of your application. You can submit room requests as soon as you are approved as a Sponsored Organization.
I have been denied sponsorship; can I still hold an event at Rady?
Rady offers facility rentals for non-partner organizations and events. For more information, please visit http://rady.ucsd.edu/about/facilities-rental/. Please note: fees are associated with these rentals.
I am already sponsored by Rady, how do I reserve a room?
Email your form to your student org liaison for a faster response. You may also send it in to email@example.com. If you would like us to advertise your event, send in a pdf flyer and the message that you would like us to distribute in advance.
Please allow for 2-3 business days for a response during weeks 3-10 of the quarter and 3-5 business days during the first two weeks of the quarter. It is recommended that you book your events at least two weeks in advance, since availability is not guaranteed
How does Rady administration determine room availability?
Reservations are made on a first-come first-serve basis. Room reservation request are handled by Rady administration and the UCSD Business Council.
When requesting a room, please keep in mind the following:
- You must complete a request for each date you are requesting. If you are requesting multiple dates, make sure you complete one entry per date.
- Rooms available for booking are 1S113 and 1S114.
- All reservations will end at 10:fpm.
- Rooms are not available on Sunday, with limited availability on Friday and Saturday.
- Food and drinks are not allowed in the Rady classrooms.
- Reservations for General Body Meetings cannot exceed 1 hour.
What does Rady expect from my student organization if sponsored?