Jur Slinkman, President
Jingi (Jacylyn) Liu, VP Marketing and Communication
Linh Phung, VP Events
Panthep (Pan) Devakula, VP Technology
General Club Inquiries
The Rady Finance club acts as a liaison for current students at the Rady School to connect with alumni, faculty, staff, and industry experts and leaders in the Finance Industry.
Our mission aims to educate members and affiliates in matters of Finance, support members in career development, and provide a professional, comfortable and enjoyable environment to promote growth and support for each other.
Our vision is to provide professional, social, and personal support to members and spread knowledge of Finance to inspire and empower members to become ethical and entrepreneurial leaders.
Club Website & LinkedIn:
Learn more about the Rady Finance Club at: https://radyfinanceclub.wixsite.com/financeclub
Join us on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/rady-finance-club/
Please note that all our upcoming events are published on our dedicated Rady Finance Club website.
Here are some of the events Finance Club had last year:
- CFA Research Challenge
- Shepherd Ventures: Black Swan Events Demystified
- Behavioral Finance: Theory and Practice (Part 1) with Prof. Schmidt
- Finance Interview Panel
- MFin Alumni Panel
- Behavioral Finance: Theory and Practice (Part 2) with Prof. Engelberg
- Breaking Glass Ceilings in the Finance Industry with Terri Duhon, Morgan Stanley
- Economic Forecasting Demystified Talk with Prof. Timmermann
- Chinese New Year Celebration Event
- Smart Beta and Factor Investing with Dr. Engin Kose, Allianz Global Investors
- Value Investing 101 with Brandes Investment Partners
Please note that all our upcoming events are published on our dedicated Rady Finance Club website and our LinkedIn page. We would like to maintain this site as a key channel of information to our members this year (https://ucsdfinanceclub.wixsite.com/financeclub).
- GARP Risk Management Panel Discussion: October TBD via Zoom
Representatives from GARP: Global Association of Risk Professionals will be partnering with the Rady Finance club to help students gain insights about career opportunities within the risk management division and the necessary skills to succeed in the field.
- San Diego CFA Society and LPL Financial Panel Discussion: November TBD
Taka Weckle, a senior analyst from LPL Financial and a member of the San Diego CFA Society will serve as an inaugural in-person speaker for Rady Finance Club to bring further perceptions about the benefits of joining the San Diego CFA Society and provide an in-depth discussion about his experiences at LPL Financial.
- Take a Break Social Event: November - December TBD
The Rady Finance Club invites all Rady students to attend a fun social event to de-stress before the week of finals. Bring a friend and join us in this exciting event where you can meet new friends, enjoy free food and great music!