Leaders Wanted - Apply Today
Admissions decisions are made on a rolling basis and are usually made within four to six weeks after we receive a complete application. We encourage you to apply early - and to start your future now!
Fall 2022 Deadlines
Full-Time MBA► Round 1: October 15, 2021
► Round 2: November 15, 2021
► Round 3: January 15, 2022
► Round 4: March 1, 2022
► Final Deadline: June 1, 2022
► Round 1: December 1, 2021
► Round 2: February 1, 2022
► Round 3: April 1, 2022 (Final International Deadline)
► Round 4: May 15, 2022
► Final Deadline: July 1, 2022
1. Application Form
Fill out the application form online.
You may provide academic transcripts in two ways: upload a PDF or Word document of your transcripts directly into the online application, or you can have your academic records sent to us from the institutions at which you studied. If you upload your documents and are offered admission, official transcripts of all your previous academic work will be required to verify the information provided in the uploaded files.
For international applicants ONLY: All international transcripts and degree certifcates require an official translation into English by a certified translator. International applicants must submit a certified copy of their diploma indicating the degree received. For detailed information, see Graduate Division requirements.
3. Resume or CV
Submit your up-to-date resume or CV.
Submit contact information of two recommenders into the application. They will be sent a personalized link to complete your recommendation.
5. Short Answer and Essays
The online application includes three required short answer questions, two required essays and one optional essay question. View the questions.
6. GMAT or GRE Scores
GRE/GMAT score is not required for the FlexWeekend & FlexEvening MBA admission. However, test scores may be submitted and considered as an optional addendum to the application.
GRE/GMAT scores are still required for applicants to the Full-Time MBA program. Please note you may submit your application before taking the GMAT or GRE scores, but the final admissions decision will not be made until we have received your scores.
- The code for our Full-Time MBA is 3NS-ZK-54.
- The code for our FlexMBA is 3NS-ZK-26.
- The GRE code for all MBAs is 4836.
A GMAT/GRE waiver may be considered for applicants who have completed an M.D. degree or doctoral degree (Ph.D.) in a technical, scientific or quantitatively-based discipline at an accredited U.S. medical school or institution. Applicants should consult the Rady Graduate Admissions Office for further information.
7. TOEFL, IELTS or PTE Score (for international applicants only)
- TOEFL scores are to be sent from ETS to institutional code 4836. UC San Diego's Minimum for the computer based test are 85. Competitive applicants will score upwards of 100.
- IELTS scores are to be sent directly from the British Council or test-taking institution. The minimum IELTS score is 7. Select University of California, San Diego as the institution and have scores released electronically to Rady/ UC San Diego.
- PTE test takers must select the University of California, San Diego as a score recipient, then submit a copy of your scores directly to our Graduate Admissions office at: Rady School of Management, UC San Diego, 9500 Gilman Drive #0553, La Jolla, CA 92093-0553. Include your registration ID number and exam date on your application. Official scores will be verified online. The minimum PTE score is 65.
TOEFL/IELTS scores can be waived for applicants who have studied at least one full academic year in an undergraduate or graduate institution in a country where English is the dominant language. If you maintained a 3.0 GPA during one academic year in the university, then you are eligible for a waiver. Be sure to include all of your university transcripts in the application. The Admissions Committee will look at your transcripts and see if you are eligible for a waiver. They will then update your application.
8. Fellowship Request
Fellowships are available for each program and are awarded to the most qualified applicants in terms of merit and alignment with the mission of the institution. Applicants are reviewed for fellowship when an admissions decision has been reached.
9. Application Fee
The application fee is $200. The non-refundable fee is payable by credit card through the online application.
After You Apply
The Rady School admissions team works quickly to review your application, giving you time to make the right decision for your MBA studies. Applications are reviewed as they are received and decisions made on a rolling basis after Round 1.
- After you submit your application, you will receive confirmation and instructions for further action, if necessary.
- Once you have submitted a complete application, it will be reviewed to determine if the admissions committee would like to schedule an interview.
- Interviews are required for admission and are by invitation only.
If you have questions about the application process, please contact the Rady Admissions Office.
Ready to apply?Start New