Rady School of Management
Otterson Hall, Room 3S126
9500 Gilman Drive #0553
La Jolla, CA 92093-0553
Raymond Pettit has achieved an industry leadership position focused on strategic, sophisticated analytics to drive marketing resource allocation, ROI, and cross-media optimization over a 22-year career in business. Pettit has consulted across the board on short and long term client projects, and utilized the skills of brand equity measurement, ad impact measurement, and the ability to understand, apply, and ‘make real’ a variety of multivariate data analysis outputs.
His book, entitled ‘Learning From Winners’ (2008), is based on a study of hundreds of best practice advertising effectiveness case studies from the Advertising Research Foundation’s David Ogilvy Research Excellence Awards Program. The book was published by LEA/Psychology Press - Francis & Taylor Publishing, and was sponsored by the Microsoft Corporation. In addition, he was the author of “Market Research in the Internet Age: Leveraging the Internet for Market Measurement and Consumer Insight” (John Wiley & Sons, Publishers). This is the first book to establish the conceptual and methodological framework for integrating market research techniques and processes with CRM analytics and enabling technology solutions.
Pettit received his doctoral degree from the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign and has been a Market Research Executive and Consultant for a number of US and European firms, and a Statistical, Data Mining, and Market Research Training Consultant for SPSS, Inc. He has also served as an adjunct professor at Baruch College – Zicklin School of Business, CUNY teaching classes on Internet Marketing.
Brief List of Publications/Speaking Presentations (2014- to date)
- Conference Keynote Presentation: “How Big Data and Advanced Analytics are Changing the Face of Marketing, Media, and Advertising” Irish Enterprise, NY, NY, April 2018.
- “Measuring Branded Content in TV and Digital Media”. Journal of Advertising Research, December, 2017.
- “Big Data and Advanced Analytics”. Chief Analytics Officer Forum, May, 2016. San Francisco.
- “The Top Ten Things Science Tells Us About Branded Entertainment”. The MRA/ISC Conference, San Diego, June, 2015.
- “Grabbing the Gold with Retail Brand Integrations in TV Content”. The ARF Audience Measurement Conference, New York, June, 2015.
- Panel: Expert Analytics: The Irish Government Advertising and Branding Showcase and Advisory Board. The Irish Consulate, NY, November, 2014.
- “The Future of Sports Analytics: Measuring the Value of Branding Moments in Sports Telecasts”. Digital Innovation in Sports and Entertainment Summit; the Harvard Club, NY, October, 2014
- “Biometrics and Emotional Engagement Measurement: Triangulating Measurement of Emotional Response to Ads and Brand Integrations in TV Content”. The ARF Audience Measurement 9.0 Conference, New York, June, 2014.