DetailsOctober 29, 2020
LIVE ONLINE (via Zoom)
This class is part of the Leadership Program.
We have partnered with UC San Diego Extension to offer Executive Education programs. Registration will be processed through the UC San Diego Extension website.
Comments from Past Participants
"It was highly-informative and full of useful models for both understanding change and structuring change communications. Jerry Jellison is an engaging, fun, committed facilitator with deep subject expertise. Definitely worth attending!"
About the Program
Successful implementation of change is contingent on helping people embrace a new way of doing things. The traditional tools of communication and persuasion are often insufficient in dealing with emotionally based resistance. After learning the J-Curve model, you’ll be able to use a unique set of tools to immediately speed the implementation of any change.
This course teaches the cognitive, emotional and behavioral reactions at the five stages of the J-Curve. Using best management practices for each stage, this course guides leaders through overcoming the misconceptions and resistance that often accompany change.
- Learn the best management practices for each stage of the J-Curve
- Overcome people’s resistance to the emotional cliff of change
- Activate employees to overcome resistance to change
- Create action plans with feasible goals
- Build enthusiasm for sustaining change
- Leaders’ and followers’ misperceptions of the change process
- Why persuasion and education are weak influence tools
- Communicating at ground level and front-loading rewards
- Creating accountability and getting results
- Building enthusiasm for sustaining changes
- Creating a culture of innovation
- Learn to take advantage of times of crisis to implement key changes
This course is appropriate for any executive or leader that manages and implements change at their company.
Dr. Jerry Jellison is a professor of psychology emeritus at the University of Southern California. He created and directed the Masters of Applied Psychology. He held previous appointments at the University of Texas, Austin and at Duke University.
As President, now Chairman of the Board of the USC Credit Union, Jerry helped lead its growth from $2 million to over $560 million in assets.
For 25 years, Jerry has advised leaders and managers globally on a practical approach to transforming strategic goals and processes into actions and real world results. They also learn new tools to overcome people’s doubts and fears to accelerate the implementation of change.
His books include: Overcoming Resistance, Simon & Schuster; and Managing the Dynamics of Change, McGraw-Hill.
*The Rady School of Management Center for Executive Development (CED) may change, postpone or cancel a class at any time. We do not provide refunds for any fees related to travel, including but not limited to gas, bus fare, train tickets, airline tickets, etc. Certificate requirements may also change. We will provide as much notice as possible should this occur.