Leaders Wanted - Apply Now
Our Fall 2018 application is now available. Applications are processed on a rolling admissions basis, meaning they are evaluated as they are received. We've provided these target deadlines to assist you in application planning.
Admissions decisions are usually made within four to six weeks after we receive a complete application. We encourage you to apply early - and to start your future now!
Fall 2018 Deadlines
February 1, 2018
April 1, 2018*
June 1, 2018
*Final deadline for international applicants
1. Application Form
Fill out the application form online.
You may provide academic transcripts in two ways: upload a PDF or Word document of your transcripts directly into the online application, or you can have your academic records sent to us from the institutions at which you studied. If you upload your documents and are offered admission, official transcripts of all your previous academic work will be required to verify the information provided in the uploaded files.
For international applicants ONLY: All international transcripts require an official translation into English by a certified translator. International applicants must submit a certified copy of their diploma indicating the degree received.
3. Resume or CV
Submit your up-to-date resume or CV.
Submit two recommendations via the online recommendation form or mail to us using the downloadable form.
5. Short Answer and Essays
The online application includes three required short answer questions, two required essays and one optional essay question. View the questions.
6. GMAT or GRE Scores
You may submit your application before taking the GMAT or GRE scores, but the final admissions decision will not be made until we have received your scores.
- The code for our Full-Time MBA is 3NS-ZK-54.
- The code for our FlexMBA is 3NS-ZK-26.
- The GRE code for all MBAs is 4836.
A GMAT/GRE waiver may be considered for applicants who have completed an M.D. degree or doctoral degree (Ph.D.) in a technical, scientific or quantitatively-based discipline at an accredited U.S. medical school or institution. In addition, applicants applying to the FlexMBA program may be considered for a GMAT/GRE waiver if they have completed a Master’s level degree in engineering, science or quantitatively-based discipline with at least a 3.0 GPA and have eight years of relevant work experience.
Applicants should consult the Rady MBA Admissions Office for further information.
7. TOEFL, IELTS or PTE Score (for international applicants only)
- TOEFL scores are to be sent from ETS to institutional code 4836-02. Minimum scores for TOEFL: Paper 550; Internet 80.
- IELTS scores are to be sent directly from the British Council or test-taking institution. The minimum IELTS score is 7. Select University of California, San Diego as the institution and have them send scores directly to our Graduate Admissions office at: Rady School of Management, MBA Admissions, UC San Diego, 9500 Gilman Drive #0553, La Jolla, CA 92093-0553
- PTE test takers must select the University of California, San Diego as a score recipient, then submit a copy of your scores directly to our Graduate Admissions office at: Rady School of Management, UC San Diego, 9500 Gilman Drive #0553, La Jolla, CA 92093-0553. Include your registration ID number and exam date on your application. Official scores will be verified online. The minimum PTE score is 65.
TOEFL/IELTS scores can be waived for applicants who have studied at least one full academic year in an undergraduate or graduate institution in a country where English is the dominant language. If you maintained a 3.0 GPA during one academic year in the university, then you are eligible for a waiver. Be sure to include all of your university transcripts in the application. The Admissions Committee will look at your transcripts and see if you are eligible for a waiver. They will then update your application.
8. Fellowship Request Form (if applicable)
The fellowship request form, included in the online application, is required if you wish to be considered for a Rady fellowship. This form is used to determine fellowship qualification for the Rady School of Management.
Fellowships are limited for each program and are awarded to the most qualified applicants in terms of merit and alignment with the mission of the institution.
9. Application Fee
The Fall 2018 application fee is $200. The non-refundable fee is payable by credit card through the online application. You may also pay by check, following the instructions in the online application. If you choose to pay by check, please note that your application will not be processed until your check has been received.
After You Apply
The Rady School admissions team works quickly to review your application, giving you time to make the right decision for your MBA studies. Applications are reviewed as they are received and decisions made on a rolling basis.
- After you submit your application, you will receive confirmation and instructions for further action, if necessary.
- Once you have submitted a complete application, it will be reviewed to determine if the admissions committee would like to schedule an interview.
- Interviews are required for admission and are by invitation only. We prefer to conduct interviews in person to get to know you better and learn more about your background and goals. For out-of-state candidates, arrangements can be made for telephone interviews.
If you have questions about the application process, please contact the Rady Admissions Office.