Certificate Program for Non-Professional ESOP Fiduciaries (Now online! Hosted in partnership with Kent State University)
September 29-October 1, 2020
Members of the OEOC’s Ohio Employee-Owned Network - $695
Non-Network members - $895
This program is not just another seminar or conference; it is a comprehensive, and demanding, certificate program that prepares you and your fellow in-house fiduciaries with the knowledge and training you need to do the job.
Course content includes:
- A review of the standards for appropriate fiduciary action given the potential range of decisions that will have to be made.
- Small group work to assure that students grasp the full nature and responsibilities of the role.
- In-depth exploration of the practical responsibilities that fiduciaries must deal with in their role.
- Examination of a wide range of fiduciary decision-making situations, with practical guidance from our faculty and guest experts.
- Martin Staubus, Executive Director, Beyster Institute at the Rady School of Management, UC San Diego
- Tony Matthews, Employee Ownership Consultant, Beyster Institute at the Rady School of Management, UC San Diego
- Dale Vlasek, Attorney, McDonald Hopkins LLC
- Davin Gustafson, Valuator and Attorney, Apple Growth Partners
- Howard Kaplan, Trustee & Fiduciary Specialist, Kaplan Fiduciary Group
- Ann Seward, Insurance Specialist, Oswald Group
Employee Ownership Management Course (Now Online!)
October 12-14, 2020
Program Price $1,295 ($200 discount if you register before 9/25/2020)
The Employee Ownership Management course has been providing management education for ESOP company executives for more than a decade. This intensive 2.5-day program is designed to provide those in key planning-level roles with the knowledge needed to operate their companies at the highest level of success. Attendees will learn how to deal effectively with the technical requirements of ESOP operation and administration, how to structure their corporate governance, and how to tap the power of employee ownership to boost employee engagement, productivity, and performance. The course is designed to develop and refine management skills that take into account the specialized imperatives of the employee-ownership environment. The agenda covers the full skills menu: strategic planning; marketing; value management, driving growth; human resource management, employee development; and much more.
Agenda: COMING SOON
Instructors: COMING SOON
Administering Your ESOP: Company Responsibilities (Now Online!)
January 11-13, 2021
Program Price $1,295 ($200 discount if you register before 12/27/2020)
So your transaction has closed and your ESOP is up and running. What will it take to assure that the program is operated correctly, effectively, and efficiently?
Yes, if you have properly prepared, you will have lots of help with this responsibility: a third party administration firm (TPA); a Trustee; ESOP legal counsel; and a good CPA. But your own company management will need to know how to interact with these helpers. What will they need from your CFO, from your HR director, from your CPA? Who in your company will need to do what, and when?
The consequences of mistakes can be very costly – not only in dollars, but in upset employees, visits from government regulators, and other very undesirable outcomes.
This management education course is ideal for:
- The management team at companies that have just implemented a new ESOP
- CFOs, HR directors and others who have just recently joined a company that has an existing ESOP
- Those who have been involved in ESOP administration for some time, but would benefit from a comprehensive, expert-led review of these responsibilities
The Beyster Institute has assembled an instructor group featuring highly regarded experts from across the US. This will be a very hands-on program, with extensive opportunities for small group workshops and personal interaction with the instructors. Please plan on a pre-program conference call with the instructors will let you know how to prepare for the course, what materials you should bring with you, etc.
Ultimately, the successful operation of your ESOP is your company’s responsibility. This program is well, well worth the price of admission. As they say, an ounce of prevention…
Agenda: COMING SOON
Instructors: COMING SOON