Building an Effective Board of Directors for Your ESOP Company (Now Online!)
June 8-9, 2020
Discounted Program Price $895 ($100 discount if you register before 5/22/2020)
Group rate: $1295
The typical company that establishes an ESOP is owner-operated. Pre-ESOP, that individual has made the key decisions and called the shots. After all, it’s their company, and they will reap the results of their decisions – good or bad.
But when ownership is transferred to an ESOP, the need to move away from that old form of corporate governance is compelling. For the ESOP shareholder, it is critical that a well-qualified board of directors oversee the business.
As an ESOP company, who will hold the CEO accountable? Who will look down the road to see that the right things are being done today to assure prosperity for the company tomorrow? Who will make the big calls on what risks are worth running and which are not? These are the core responsibilities of a board of directors.
Building an Effective Board of Directors for Your ESOP Company offers a unique opportunity to gain an understanding of this critical function. Led by experienced board members and professional advisors, we will review a range of key topics including:
- What exactly is a board supposed to do?
- What are the important qualifications for board service?
- How do we combine diverse skill sets to compose a strong board?
- What processes and procedures help a board to function well?
- How can a board make use of committees to improve its effectiveness?
- What is the appropriate compensation level for board service?
The ultimate objective of this program is to identify how to build and operate a board of directors that can have the most positive impact on the ongoing success of an ESOP company. Whether you already serve on a board or are entirely new to this, you will gain valuable insight into this critical topic.
Because of the nature of the program, attendance is limited, so register early.
- Larry Goldberg, Partner, ESOP Law Group
- Ken Schrader, Founder, Traction 360
- Martin Staubus, Senior Consultant, Beyster Institute
Certificate Program for Non-Professional ESOP Fiduciaries (Onsite at Kent State University, Ohio)
September 29-30, 2020
Location: Kent State University Hotel and Conference Center
Early Bird Registration Rates (Ends August 30th 2020)
Members of the OEOC’s Ohio Employee-Owned Network - $1,100
Non-Network members - $1,495
Regular Rates (Start August 31st 2020)
Network Members - $1,300
Non-Network Members $1,695
This program is not just another seminar or conference; it is a comprehensive, and demanding, certificate program that prepares you and your fellow in-house fiduciaries with the knowledge and training you need to do the job.
Course content includes:
- A review of the standards for appropriate fiduciary action given the potential range of decisions that will have to be made.
- Small group work to assure that students grasp the full nature and responsibilities of the role.
- In-depth exploration of the practical responsibilities that fiduciaries must deal with in their role.
- Examination of a wide range of fiduciary decision-making situations, with practical guidance from our faculty and guest experts.
Download Agenda Here!
- Martin Staubus, Executive Director, Beyster Institute at the Rady School of Management, UC San Diego
- Tony Matthews, Employee Ownership Consultant, Beyster Institute at the Rady School of Management, UC San Diego
- Dale Vlasek, Attorney, McDonald Hopkins LLC
- Davin Gustafson, Valuator and Attorney, Apple Growth Partners
- Howard Kaplan, Trustee & Fiduciary Specialist, Kaplan Fiduciary Group
- Ann Seward, Insurance Specialist, Oswald Group
Employee Ownership Management Course (Onsite Program)
October 12-14, 2020
Program Price $1,795 ($200 discount if you register before 9/25/2020)
The Employee Ownership Management course has been providing management education for ESOP company executives for more than a decade. This intensive 2.5-day program is designed to provide those in key planning-level roles with the knowledge needed to operate their companies at the highest level of success. Attendees will learn how to deal effectively with the technical requirements of ESOP operation and administration, how to structure their corporate governance, and how to tap the power of employee ownership to boost employee engagement, productivity, and performance. The course is designed to develop and refine management skills that take into account the specialized imperatives of the employee-ownership environment. The agenda covers the full skills menu: strategic planning; marketing; value management, driving growth; human resource management, employee development; and much more.
Agenda: COMING SOON
Instructors: COMING SOON
Hotels in the Area:
Estancia Hotel La Jolla--within walking distance of the program