2017 Israel Immersion Program Application
The USIC at the Rady School of Management is now accepting applications for the following class: MGT443 - Topics in International Business: Israel in the 21st Century, which includes a class trip to Israel from Dec. 17-27, 2017!
The application is open to Rady alumni as well as the following cohorts: FT2018, FE2018, FE2019, FW2018. Some UCSD graduate students from several other schools/departments are also invited to apply.
Due to limited space, participation in this program is not guaranteed.
Students must enroll in MGT443- Topics in International Business: Israel in the 21st Century in the fall quarter - 2 credit units. There will be 2 mandatory class meetings, as well as assignments to be handed in and/or presented in class.
Students must also enroll in MGT419 - Global Business Intensive: Israel Innovation in the winter quarter - 2 credit units. This includes the actual trip to Israel and one follow-up meeting where students talk to first-year MBA students about the trip.
Application deadline: Friday, September 15th at 4 p.m.
- Class Meeting: October 14th and December 9th from 9:00 a.m. - 5:30 p.m., with a 1-hour lunch break.
- Israel Trip dates: December 17-27, 2017.
Note: Final Exams Week
Because the trip departure date is immediately following final exams week, it is the students’ responsibility to contact their professors (early) to arrange to submit all Fall 2017 course work prior to departure.
Accomodations in Israel
- The group will stay at 3-star hotels.
- Students will be sharing hotel rooms (2 students per room with 2 beds).
- Some meals in Israel are included in the trip, as long as students eat with the group.
- Trip expenses, excluding airfare to/from Israel, will be paid through a competitive educational grant. Students will be responsible for airfare to/from Israel, visa and passport costs, any personal purchases, and some meals.
- Students are required to submit their flight itineraries to Student Services (firstname.lastname@example.org) no later than October 27, 2017.
- All students will be responsible for paying for the four academic credit units (2 in Fall and 2 in Winter).
How to Apply
Send a pdf document with the following information to Student Services at email@example.com (no later than September 15th at 4 p.m.):
- Full name
- Contact information (address, phone, email)
- Undergraduate (and other) degrees
- Nationality (for visa purposes)
- Current Position
- A description of the dates and purposes of any prior trips you have made to Israel
- A short (no more than 250 words) answer to each of the following questions below:
- Why do you want to join the Israel Immersion Program?
- What are your entrepreneurial interests?
- Are there any companies/individuals you particularly wish to connect with while in Israel?
- If you have any uncertainties about your ability to go to Israel (work issues, etc.), please include this information (with details) in your application.
- Enrollment decisions will be made by Thursday, September 21, 2017
- Students who do not attend both class sessions and complete all assignments will have their participation revoked.
- No family members or friends can join this trip.