2018 Israel Immersion Program Application
The USIC at the Rady School of Management is now accepting applications for the following class: MGT443 - Topics in International Business: Israel in the 21st Century, which includes a visit to Israel from December 15-24*, 2018!
The application is open to Rady alumni as well as the following cohorts: FT2019, FE2019, FE2020, FW2019. Some UC San Diego graduate students from several other schools/departments are also invited to apply.
Due to limited space, participation in this program is not guaranteed.
*Presence at Welcome Event on the early afternoon of December 15th and Closing event on the evening of December 23rd are mandatory. Flights need to be scheduled accordingly.
Check-in at hotel by 4:30 p.m. on December 15th. Can book a return flight starting December 24th, 2018 at 4 a.m.
Students must enroll in MGT443- Topics in International Business: Israel in the 21st Century in the 2018 Fall quarter - 2 credit units. There will be 2 mandatory class meetings during non-FLEX weekends, as well as assignments to be submitted and/or presented in class.
Students must also enroll in MGT419 - Global Business Intensive: Israel Innovation in the 2019 Winter quarter - 2 credit units. This includes the actual trip to Israel and a meeting where students will present the findings of the research they conducted during, and following, the visit to Israel.
- Application deadline: Friday, August 24th, at 4 p.m.
- Class Meeting: Two non-FLEX Saturday meetings (dates TBD) from 9 a.m. - 5:30 p.m., with a 1-hour lunch break.
- Israel Trip dates: December 15-24, 2018
- Check-in at the hotel December 15 / Check out at December 24
Note: Final Exams Week
Because the trip departure date is immediately following final exams week, it is the students’ responsibility to contact their professors (early) to arrange to submit all Fall 2018 course work prior to departure.
Accomodations in Israel
- The group will stay at 3-star hotels.
- Students will be sharing hotel rooms (2 students per room with 2 beds).
- Some meals in Israel are included in the trip, as long as students eat with the group.
- Trip expenses, excluding airfare to/from Israel, will be paid through a competitive educational grant. Students will be responsible for airfare to/from Israel, visa and passport costs, any personal purchases, and some meals.
- Students are required to submit their flight itineraries to Student Services (firstname.lastname@example.org) no later than October 1, 2018.
- All students will be responsible for paying for the four academic credit units (2 in Fall and 2 in Winter).
How to Apply
Send a pdf document with the following information to Student Services at email@example.com (no later than August 24th at 4 p.m.):
- Full name
- Contact information (address, phone, email)
- Undergraduate (and other) degrees
- Nationality (for visa purposes)
- A description of the dates and purposes of any prior trips you have made to Israel
- A short (no more than 250 words) answer to each of the following questions below:
- Why do you want to join the Israel Immersion Program?
- What are your entrepreneurial interests?
- Are there any companies/individuals you particularly wish to connect with while in Israel?
- If you have any uncertainties about your ability to go to Israel (work issues, etc.), please include this information (with details) in your application.
- Faculty recommendation (current students only)
- Commitment statement
- Enrollment decisions will be made by Monday, September 3, 2018
- Students who do not attend both class sessions and complete all assignments will have their participation revoked.
- No family members or friends can join this trip.